ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-clock reviews

<< < (2/2)

Pear:
IainB, In an electronic clock they try to make natural numbers and you make segmental ones from natural ones, like in an electronic clock. Where is the logic?  :)
There is a wish to the author, it would be good to make the time update as in the program Atomic Time Synchronizer 10 http://lmhsoft.com/timesync/ it would be simply wonderful.

IainB:
@Pear:
Logic? There was no logic, but merely the ergonomic/perceptual benefit (to me) that comes from having a contrast between illuminated light green digits on a black background. I don't really like the segmented digits, either.

Atomic time synchronisation? I have no need of atomic time synchronisation - too much risk of passive X-ray radiation for my liking. If I wanted radiation, rather than get it from a radioactive Start Menu clock, I'd go visit a Chernobyl cafe and have a couple of caffè lattes whilst having a convivial chat with some of the mutated natives - probably a bit like visiting the Wastelands in Fallout 3. Of course, if I did that, then I'd not only be wearing a radiation-proof suit, but also I'd be watching that Geiger counter like a hawk.

WhiteTigX:
[...]
There is a wish to the author, it would be good to make the time update as in the program Atomic Time Synchronizer 10 http://lmhsoft.com/timesync/ it would be simply wonderful.
-Pear (August 06, 2017, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well... it's currently not the highest priority and actually some work... T-Clocks (S)NTP client should be rewritten and syncing time requires admin rights. So we'll need a service (basically breaks portability) which can be started by T-Clock to elevate itself, which is a security issue... So the service has to reside in "C:\Program Files\" and must check T-Clocks checksum / certificate among other things...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version