ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock Broken In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (FIXED)

<< < (2/2)

WhiteTigX:
Well... I've got all dependencies put together on the Github page: https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock#requirements
You might also just use the static build...

I do highly recommend against manually placing any DLL file into system folders! Especially random "MSVCR100.dll" you've downloaded from the WWW... (which I suspect... otherwise I'd wonder where you got that from)
T-Clock also "only" offers one portable build... by which I'm saying that copying the VC++ Runtime to T-Clock can't work... there are files that are 32bit and others that are 64bit.. but the dependencies use the very same filename for both, 32bit and 64bit.
The second error actually suggests that you've put a 32bit MSVCR100 there.. a 64bit app is unable to load that though.

wraith808:
I do highly recommend against manually placing any DLL file into system folders!
-WhiteTigX (October 20, 2017, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed!

Dypsis:
Thanks guys.

The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update must have broken something with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable.

So, I downloaded both x86 and x64 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package and the installer offered to do a repair.
T-Clock is now working.  :)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

By the way...
What is the static build?

WhiteTigX:
By the way...
What is the static build?
-Dypsis (October 20, 2017, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
the one with _static in its name... I plan on making this the default^^
Basically it's statically compiled/linked, which means that all dependencies are "integrated" and thus no need for any Redistributable Package. The downside is usually higher load times and memory usage.. but in my measurements, it actually used less memory^^ Maybe because it's also using GCC instead of MSVC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version