ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Vortex Chat - Client Version

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
Hm, why include a media player in a chat client? Doesn't make sense to me. Is it an instance of "the component was there, so I dropped it in"? :)

Very cute graphics though.

Renox:
not at all... the component WAS there but thats not why i put it in... I put it in for those people who dont want a million windows open.. Yes, windows media player does a great job... But it's a nice function to have a media player built into it.... Alot of people like to chat and listen to music at the same time... so, i thought it would be a cool idea and it doesnt hurt to have it in there...

Plus, the media player is easy to use! Makes it all the more better!

marcsl:
Renox,
Great looking screens, I stay away from chat programs for the very
reasons you mentioned, spyware, viruses, or they mess with your web
browser in some way.  It would be great to have a chat program one could
trust, and looks so good!  ( I really like the mascots)
Marc

Josh:
I havent seen a chat program that messes with a web browser, installs spyware or viruses at all. What ones have you tried? I know gaim is perfectly safe, as is trillian, miranda, aim, msn, yahoo, icq and google talk. IRC (mIRC) is also a good chat protocol/series of networks.

Renox:
I havent seen a chat program that messes with a web browser, installs spyware or viruses at all. What ones have you tried? I know gaim is perfectly safe, as is trillian, miranda, aim, msn, yahoo, icq and google talk. IRC (mIRC) is also a good chat protocol/series of networks.
-Josh (July 13, 2006, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, AIM for one def. has spywhere included in the install. I am a computer technician during the summer and I know about this one because I, myself, have personally formatted an entire computer and then, reinstalled windows and put AIM on there... Wasn't long before I found things on the computer... Actually, about 5 min's. After installing and launching, I was able to view a few things that I didn't install. Hence, the fact that AIM and yahoo aren't really as safe as you think... Just because  everything looks fine doesn't necessarily mean that it is... I have found that out for sure! lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version