topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 50% off CAMTASIA STUDIO, for both Windows and Mac users. Sale ends next week.  (Read 8399 times)

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Received an email this morning from Appsumo. They are running a 50% off sale on CAMTASIA STUDIO.

Camtasia Studio link at appsumo

There is a price disparity, so Mac users pay $49 and Windows users pay $149

Camtasia Mac for only $49 (reg $99).

Camtasia Studio for only $149 (reg $299).

Supposedly the reason is:
Quote:  (Price difference is due to extra features like quizzing, screendraw, and edit presets on the PC version.) Unquote

This is for the latest version of Camtasia - Camtasia 8 for PC (or Camtasia 2 for Mac)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:00 PM by disenchanted »

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Please be sure to disclose referral links.

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Please be sure to disclose referral links.

Sorry about messing up this Camtasia sales post.

My above DC post for Camtasia at 50% off  was created from the info I had received directly from an appsumo sales email.
I didn't even think it would have any sort of referral link (I have bought software from Appsumo before, so I'm on their mailing list. )

As far as I know, since appsumo is the website coordinating this Camtasia 50% off sale,  appsumo is the sales processor and the referrer.

I admit I'm somewhat ignorant on the topic of "referral links" and such. I have reviewed the sales link I originally posted and noticed the suffix(?) on the end of the sales URL. (If suffix is the correct term?)
The URL ended with ?rf=emst
I have removed it from my original post's sales link. The Camtasia sales link still works; taking you to the 50% off Camtasia sales page.

(I googled the term "?rf=emst" and several of those search results relate to previous Appsumo sales. I am guessing maybe Appsumo uses that "?rf=emst" to track some sort of sales metrics.)

To the best of my knowledge, regarding referral links, "emst" = Appsumo.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
(I googled the term "?rf=emst" and several of those search results relate to previous Appsumo sales. I am guessing maybe Appsumo uses that "?rf=emst" to track some sort of sales metrics.)
-disenchanted (July 12, 2016, 06:55 PM)

If I had to make an educated guess, I'm betting that emst is a generic referrer that stands for EMail Sales Tracking so they can keep track of who buys the product based on the email campaign or if someone just stumbles across it by visiting the web site. Google suggests it is a 'generic' referrer that's not tied to any one person.

This is akin to commercials on TV that tell you to mention code such-and-such when you call to order so they know which channel you saw their commercial on.

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
My mistake.  I saw the ref at the end of the link and assumed it was your referral link.

Carry on.  I'll see myself out.