topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Reviving Roku Radio Snooper  (Read 10755 times)

NPMAN

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Reviving Roku Radio Snooper
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:09 AM »
Hello!
I'm up with my coffee this AM trying to revive Roku Radio Snooper. I love my Roku Soundstream and hate to not use it. I need to to add more stations to the unit.

I am working in a Windows 10 environment. It finds the Soundstream on my network. I can't seem to get the network adapter to work. I have used the advanced tab to manually select an adapter. None of them work.

Any thoughts?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Reviving Roku Radio Snooper
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Now this is a blast from the past.

A little bit of history:

Many years ago (maybe 2004/2005/2006?) a little company called Roku contacted me about the possibility of releasing a special version of my UrlSnooper application, customized with features that would make it possible to send found stream urls directly to your Roku Soundbridge, which was one of the first good internet radios.  My memory is being paid about $10,000 to write the new version, which was available free to all Roku users.  That also paid for some new features that were made available to all UrlSnooper users (automatic network adapter detection, etc.)

Here's a screenshot for anyone curious -- you can see it's basically the standard URLSnooper UI with some extra display and functionality for connecting to the Roku hardware:
Screenshot - 7_20_2016 , 12_34_36 PM.png

Well, eventually Roku stopped selling the SoundBridge internet radio, and instead became quite successful with their streaming internet media (tv) players.

I do not know if this is going to help you, but I am not one to ever drop support for a product when there are still users, so I've gone ahead and built a new up-to-date version of Roku Radio Snooper, with the latest code from UrlSnooper.  You can find it here:

Let me know if it helps.

NPMAN

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:54 AM »
Thank you very much!!!!  :Thmbsup:

It works great. I really wish more people would honor legacy software as you do.

Brit

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Great  :up:

Odin_Wills_It

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 04:40 PM »
10 environment. It finds the Soundstream on my network. I can't seem to ge
Thank you very much!!!!  :Thmbsup:

It works great. I really wish more people would honor legacy software as you do.

Brit

Same here like only 3rd to keep excellent support for dev-projects nice job I been reading around expect donation :)

Just got to get use to this while I got sometime today made my way into mediaservers around 8 months ago and all the stuff I have done over the years never messed with any of it so on the noob level lol

Thanks for this will put it to some use on my 3 Rokus