ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Sync Network Folder Contents as Shortcuts

<< < (5/6) > >>

brett:
with Skrommel permission, I would love to combine both scripts and see what comes out.

but I am also sure that skrommel can design a great gui.

I will sit down later and learn from his script anyway  :)

dB

skrommel:
 :) Please do!

Skrommel

kimmchii:
If only the two could meet.  ShortcutMaker is friendlier, and saves me the trouble of finding/typing long paths, and Shortcut Sync syncs so quickly and neatly with no clutter. 
-gsull (July 11, 2006, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
the beauty of Shortcut Sync is the command line approach, that enable us to use a batch file, it can even carry out several commands at once.

to create a batch file, create a new text file, write down the commands, ie.

Example: ShortcutSync.exe C:\Music D:\MusicLinks mp3 wav TrayTip

then save the text file and change the extension to .bat

gsull:
What I was suggesting was that ShortcutMaker makes it much easier to find the folders you want to use, and that possibly by checking a box, it could create something like the batch file you're talking about after it is done using the folders that were selected. That ould makeit very easy to sync the same folders in the future, without running ShortcutMaker and choosing everything again.

wyrwolf:
That ShortcutMaker beats the snot out of doing Search-Select-SendToDesktop-Select(off Desktop)-Cut&Paste.
Going to be especially useful to create menus for groups of Flash Games - or for any other pull-everything-off-of-website type of directory
I give it...
 :up:  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version