ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Sync Network Folder Contents as Shortcuts

<< < (4/6) > >>

brett:
Hi Gsull,
if the Drag and Drop did not work on your machine, after you compiled it from your AHK, you will need to re-install AHK and when the first prompt comes to screen, make sure that 'Enable Drag and Drop' is selected in 'components to install', by default it is off.

The .ahk worked great.  I'll try compiling it and see if that works as well.  So subfolders and syncing are the only things left out of what I would suggest.

As I said, I've never used AHK before, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
-gsull (July 09, 2006, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I started to use AHK only a few months ago, so I am fairly raw, and my code might be a bit scratchy, but I am having a blast learning. (a midlife crisis)

ShortCut Maker v1c
- added sub folders. now ALL shortcuts are added to sub folders of the destination.
- reworked create code
- delete shortcuts, deletes all shortcuts from destination folder and all sub folders, be careful.
- ext choice now allows your own choice plus dropdowns

syncing tommorow, maybe, lots of real work on at the moment

windows xp pro (sp2, all updates)
p4/3.2 (prescott, hyperthreading is turned on)
2gigs ram dual-channel 3200
can't think of anything else that would be relevant.  I'm just looking at AHK in person for the first time now.  I'll let you know if the script works on my machine.
-gsull (July 09, 2006, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
envious,  8) , its not a machine problem

thanks
dB

gsull:
Worked perfectly, and amazingly fast.  I did 27,000 files in the time it took for me to go microwave some popcorn.

At this point, FARR is up and running as my music searching app, and syncing would be an added, and quite awesome, bonus.

skrommel:
 :) Here's a command line version.

ShortcutSync - Command line tool to place shortcuts to files in a different folder, preserving the tree structure, and removing missing files.

Example: ShortcutSync.exe C:\Music D:\MusicLinks mp3 wav TrayTip

Syntax: ShortcutSync.exe <fromfolder> <tofolder> <extentions> [TrayTip]
<fromfolder> is the folder where the files are located
<tofolder> is the folder where the links should be created
<extensions> is the file types to make links to
TrayTip is added for visual feedback

You'll find the downloads and more info at 1 Hour Software by Skrommel.

Skrommel

kimmchii:
:) Here's a command line version.

ShortcutSync
-skrommel (July 11, 2006, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
OMG, this is so unbelievable.
this small prog can really sync.
640links and with 200 folders shortcuts created in 8 seconds. :Thmbsup:

gsull:
If only the two could meet.  ShortcutMaker is friendlier, and saves me the trouble of finding/typing long paths, and Shortcut Sync syncs so quickly and neatly with no clutter. 

Is there an easy way to run ShortcutMaker, and hit a checkbox "sync" so that when ShortcutMaker is done, it makes a shortcut to ShortcutSync on my desktop that will sync the folders that I chose in ShortcutMaker at any later date?

Just happy to see all the functionality/usability I was looking for, but trying to figure out how to use the benefits of both apps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version