ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Cubiq - A Match-Three Game for Android

(1/9) > >>

Deozaan:
Hi folks,

I've been working on an Android game called Cubiq with a small team (one other coder and one artist, totaling three of us) and the game is just about ready for a full launch. But since we're such a small team we figured it would be a good idea to start with a limited public beta first, to help us find any bugs or other issues that we may have missed.

We would appreciate feedback and especially bug reports so that our official 1.0 launch can be as smooth as possible for others.

I don't have much in the way of screenshots or videos just yet to show off the game. We were so focused on getting the game ready for the beta launch that we neglected nice looking promotional art and stuff. That will be coming over the next few days. But for now here are some small details about the game:

* It's on Android through Google Play.
* It's a match-3 game (bejeweled, candy crush, etc.)
* It features leaderboards and achievements.
* It will be free with optional ads and/or in-app purchases (IAP).
More information about the beta and how to join can be found here:

Cubiq Beta Launch

Check the official Cubiq webpage for the full changelog and a current list of known issues.

Ath:
I've been playing it for half an hour, but I can only conclude that my Samsung Tab2 is too slow for this game. I can't flip the cubes fast enough to finish the levels within the assigned time. I'll try it on my phone (nexus 5) to see if that works better.

I do like this style of game though, lots of interesting cubes, but it won't keep me too busy, I guess/hope  :-[

Jibz:
Doing step two, I get "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server." from Google Play.

Working now it seems :Thmbsup:.

Jibz:
Some comments:

My Nexus 5 is running quite hot after 5 mins of play. Would it help to turn off the fancy backgrounds?

A back button on the stage complete screen would be nice.

The time and move counters are teensy weensy tiny on a 5" display.

At level completion, I would prefer a dialog with level complete and a next button instead of the fireworks (5 second waste of time).

Could it not ask me to create a google play ID every time the game starts?

The stage select left/right scrolling is too fast -- to go one item left or right you can only move your finger a tiny bit.

Deozaan:
Thanks for the feedback thus far. I only have a couple of minutes so I just wanted to say thanks and let you know that I'll be responding in more detail probably tomorrow.

I also wanted to mention a known issue that hasn't been reported here yet:

The tutorial stage is only supposed to be one short stage. But for some reason it makes you play through 10 substages before it's considered finished. I tried the tutorial many times before the beta and it always worked fine. Figures something like this would be so broken once it goes public... :)

Thanks again. I'll respond more tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version