ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Cubiq - A Match-Three Game for Android

<< < (7/9) > >>

mouser:
Just wanted to say welcome to the site, Durgan  :up:

Deozaan:
I don't know if it would be better or worse if they worked like real dice, just pointing out that they do not :-[.-Jibz (July 22, 2016, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're right, and I almost mentioned this in my previous reply:

They are like dice in every respect except that we rotate the image so it's always up-side up. As Durgan said, this was intentional. We thought it would look weird if the images were rotated all directions. It also seemed like a pretty complex thing to ask of players to learn/memorize all the orientations of a cube.

That said, I've been wondering to myself over the past couple of months if perhaps we're giving people too little credit for their (conscious or subconscious) spatial awareness to help them out. But I haven't brought it up because no one else has mentioned it until now. :)

I think it's at least worth a discussion. :Thmbsup:

Durgan:
Just wanted to say welcome to the site, Durgan  :up:
-mouser (July 22, 2016, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you!  8)

Jibz:
Thanks for the explanations both Deozaan and Durgan :Thmbsup:.

I don't know if it would be better or worse if they worked like real dice, just pointing out that they do not :-[.-Jibz (July 22, 2016, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
They are like dice in every respect except that we rotate the image so it's always up-side up. As Durgan said, this was intentional. We thought it would look weird if the images were rotated all directions. It also seemed like a pretty complex thing to ask of players to learn/memorize all the orientations of a cube.
-Deozaan (July 22, 2016, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are probably right it could be too confusing for the average user.

Ath:
The only thing I have to report is that I've stopped my testing of Cubiq. (updated to beta 6).
My devices are either too slow (Samsung Tab2 10.1"), or too small (Nexus 5) to decently play this game. And I'm not that of a game player that I must play this, or any, game.
Thanks for the experience, and thanks for having me around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version