topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Where has Clipmate Support Gone?  (Read 17982 times)

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Where has Clipmate Support Gone?
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 10:08 PM »
Support is back!  ;D
Emailed to request my key, and received it back a few hours later.

Obviously I can't say if there will be a response to questions on any program glitches. Version number has been the same for at least 5 years, so it's not under active development. But still seems to work as it always did for me.

skinny

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 11:39 PM »
Support is back!  ;D
Emailed to request my key, and received it back a few hours later.

Obviously I can't say if there will be a response to questions on any program glitches. Version number has been the same for at least 5 years, so it's not under active development. But still seems to work as it always did for me.

Wow, I've been using Clipmate alright...just I get a Clip stating that my license has expired..in which I recopy the clip and paste it.

BTW.. oh I should have checked "Notify me of replies." below this text box to let me know someone replied! thanks

skinny

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2018, 10:07 PM »
I hope it keeps working for you.  It was working fine for me until one day something happened. 

Are you used Windows 10 yet?
Thanks, I too hope it keeps working. So far, so good (knock on wood, salt over my shoulder  ;) ).  And no, I'm still using Windows 7 and will continue to use it until I have to replace my computer.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2018, 09:14 AM »
... And no, I'm still using Windows 7 and will continue to use it until I have to replace my computer.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2018, 09:18 AM »
Nothing wrong with sticking with Windows 7 until time for a new computer.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Nothing wrong with sticking with Windows 7 until time for a new computer.
Absolutely!
@cyberdiva echoed my own thoughts precisely.
Trouble is, I'm not in the state she is - I was on Win8 and I did upgrade from Win8 Pro to Win8.1 Pro, then on to Win10 Pro, but now I rather wish I had downgraded to Win7 at the outset. The only thing that's stopping me is that MS Office 2016 (updated) doesn't have all its updated features enabled unless the OS is Win 10. This is a cunning variant of the "lock-in" ploy, by Microsoft.

The path to Win10 and its upgrades has rather proven to be a mountain of pain/annoyances and a monumental time bandit, and it's not stopping.

littlecarol

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 12:08 AM »
I've been using Clipmate for a very long time.  It's been pretty much trouble free, but a little over a week ago it quit working right.  I restored the latest backup but it didn't help.  I've now written email support three times.  But, I get no response at all.  His website's there and apparently people can still buy it.  Does he sell it and just not support it?

Since 1994/95, I have never had trouble getting email responses from Thornsoft. One thing to keep in mind about them is this, from their website:
NOTE:  Due to the large volume of spam sent to us, please use these links which will guarantee delivery. Anything with “ClipMate” in the subject, will make it through our spam filter. Otherwise, your mail may be deleted along with 10,000 pieces of junk that we have to discard, every week.

So always be sure you are putting "ClipMate" in your subject line. I hope this is helpful.

They publicize their phone number too, which hasn't changed in a long time as far as I know.

The company's customer service has been excellent to me so far. Good luck to you.

Little Carol