ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for MP3 player with "speed up playback" option

<< < (3/4) > >>

antekgla:
KMPlayer could do that (and many other things) easily!
Shift + or
Shift -     to alter the speed.

Look for the last good versión. 2.9.4.1435 before became crapware with Pandora.

Cheers!

brotherS:
KMPlayer could do that (and many other things) easily!

Look for the last good versión. 2.9.4.1435 before became crapware with Pandora.
-antekgla (June 17, 2016, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the pointer! Two questions:

- does it work properly like PaceMaker, or does it sound like Mickey Mouse when speeding up playback of human voices?
- I read that you can optionally not install additional stuff (like Pandora) when installing. Is that not true for the latest version?

app103:
What about VLC?

- does it work properly like PaceMaker, or does it sound like Mickey Mouse when speeding up playback of human voices?
-brotherS (June 22, 2016, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

That all depends how much you speed it up, but If you keep hitting Faster (fine), you'll come up with a speed that should suit your purposes, without it sounding too non-human.

I was able to speed up the MP3 of this song to about 2X, before David Draiman's voice started taking on a Drac-like quality, on long notes. (Enemy Mine reference).

brotherS:
Thanks for the pointer. I came to really like VLC, but only as a video player. For speeding up audio, I prefer a player with a better UI (showing the current speed, being able to quickly change it to back to 100% speed and speed it up to the previous speed again, ...).

n8wachT:
Presets (i.e., "play at 1.6x speed") and an easy way to increase/decrease speed would be great
-brotherS (June 13, 2016, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Winamp had a built in option for that. It can be found when going to 'plugins' and select 'DSP Effect.'
As far as I know most versions include the 'Nullsoft Processing Studio' (or in anyway you can choose
to install it when installing winamp custom mode). The Lite versions might not include it- not sure about
that. Anyway, within the newly loaded plugin you can choose 'Load preset' to find a whole bunch of
ready-made effects, including a nifty pitching tool you can shift in realtime. Screenshot below gives
an better view  :)

Looking for MP3 player with "speed up playback" option

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version