ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What website has the fewest files?

<< < (2/7) > >>

kunkel321:
Notepad. It will generate help you to "generate" exactly one file.
Whyever you would even need more than one.-Tuxman (June 01, 2016, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Beats me...  Like I said...  Not too website-savvy. 
I'm guessing that with the above-mentioned WebsiteX5 scenario, many of the 71 files are not even used.  Probably just default stuff generated by the application. 

I guess I could probably upload a plain txt file...  But that would be pretty boring.  I'd like to at least put my mug there.  Here's the current one (buggy)
http://www.nonags.org/members/kunkel321/index.html
The x-ray picture is fun, right?   No though, there isn't anything important on the site.  Just fun stuff.  :)

Anyway, thanks for the replies.  It actually occurred to me that Word can save files as HTML... I might mess around with that. 

Tuxman:
It actually occurred to me that Word can save files as HTML...
-kunkel321 (June 01, 2016, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please don't.

f0dder:
Anyway, thanks for the replies.  It actually occurred to me that Word can save files as HTML... I might mess around with that.-kunkel321 (June 01, 2016, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
It generates some very bad HTML.

Perhaps you might be better off using a CMS instead of generating HTML files? But your link is 404, so I we can't see what your current stuff is like :)

kunkel321:
It actually occurred to me that Word can save files as HTML...
-kunkel321 (June 01, 2016, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Please don't.
-Tuxman (June 01, 2016, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Apparently you're right...  I uploaded all the parts of the Word-generated one, but it won't open..  "Access denied."

Tuxman:
That's because you'll need to make it readable for the web server. But, still, please don't. It's horrible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version