topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Metadata or forensics data in an audio file (3ga extension file)  (Read 6863 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I would like :

1. Find a program for windows 8.1 able to show the metadata of an audio file
2. Find a program for windows 8.1 able to show the metadata or exif of a video file

Better is free.

Best Regards
 :-*

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

When you say metadata, do you mean the tags?  If so, Mp3tag is my favourite.  http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
If you don't mean tags, please explain further.

2. Find a program for windows 8.1 able to show the metadata or exif of a video file

EXIF data is usually used for image files, i.e., photos.  To view EXIF data, you can use the ExifToolGUI found here: http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/~bogdan/

Furthermore, you can also use my PlayTime app to view some types of data of both audio and video files.  http://skwire.dcmemb...om/fp/?page=playtime

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

When you say metadata, do you mean the tags?  If so, Mp3tag is my favourite.  http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
If you don't mean tags, please explain further.

EXIF data is usually used for image files, i.e., photos.  To view EXIF data, you can use the ExifToolGUI found here: http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/~bogdan/

Furthermore, you can also use my PlayTime app to view some types of data of both audio and video files.  http://skwire.dcmemb...om/fp/?page=playtime

You are totally right.

sure mp3tag can see 3ga metadata tags ?

:-*

Note : running to try of course. After the guitar lesson now in a half an hour. I will come back about 20.30 horas GMT

:P :tellme:

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I tried at this very moment your program PlayTime portable, but I drag the 3ga file and nothing happen

What am i doing bad ?
 :-[

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I tried at this very moment your program PlayTime portable, but I drag the 3ga file and nothing happen
What am i doing bad ?

Try adding 3ga here:

2017-06-16_114210.pngMetadata or forensics data in an audio file (3ga extension file)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Moz2 - 16_06_2017 , 20_57_42.pngMetadata or forensics data in an audio file (3ga extension file)
What am i doing bad ?

Try adding 3ga here:

Moz2 - 16_06_2017 , 20_57_42.pngMetadata or forensics data in an audio file (3ga extension file)

Works fine. But I don't see how to see the tag of the day this recording was made. I have an indication in the name file 2015 september , third, but I don't see this tag .

I would like to determine when this file was recorded

Best Regards

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
mp3tag don't scan the 2ga files.

I configure following the similar instructions you give me with PlayTime.
but I don't see the tag the real date the audio was recorded.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Works fine. But I don't see how to see the tag of the day this recording was made. I have an indication in the name file 2015 september , third, but I don't see this tag .

PlayTime doesn't show that type of data.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
exiftoolgui is without development. I have download anyway, but don't see the extension 3ga ....

:(

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
exiftoolgui is without development. I have download anyway, but don't see the extension 3ga .... :(

Again, a 3ga is a movie file.  I think ExifToolGui only works with image file types.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Metadata or forensics data in an audio file (3ga extension file)
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Trying to find an application for 3ga :

"As far as I can tell, these file types are merely containers, and if you change the extension on the file to either mp3 or wav, the appropriate Windows media converter will open it without you having to do anything else at all.

So before going any further, I suggest that you try changing .3ga to .wav or .mp3 and see what happens - this might be easier than you think!"

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22 PM »
exiftoolgui is without development. I have download anyway, but don't see the extension 3ga .... :(

Again, a 3ga is a movie file.  I think ExifToolGui only works with image file types.

Sorry these files are audio files for me. I try with kmplayer and vlc . Only audio.

Best Regards

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Sorry these files are audio files for me. I try with kmplayer and vlc . Only audio.

Video...audio...  Either way, it's not an image file so ExifToolGui isn't going to work for this purpose.  Are you certain that 3ga files have any sort of metadata in them?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 04:27 PM »
change the extension from 3ga to mp3 give good results because i can sound the audio, but the metadata is exactly the same....

I don't see how to determine the recording date of the file.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 04:29 PM »

Video...audio...  Either way, it's not an image file so ExifToolGui isn't going to work for this purpose.  Are you certain that 3ga files have any sort of metadata in them?

Good question Skwire !!!!!!

I suppose that an audio file keeps record of the date of the recording, but the only creation date I see is the moment when I copy from the original source (really I receive the file with an email)

:-\

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 04:46 PM »
Skwire . I think is not possible to know
I have seen other mp3 files to compare and i can't be sure at all of the recording date.
 ;D