ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

New feature added to the forum: "My Personal Area"

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
I wrote a little mod extension to the forum today to add a special new section called "My Personal Area".
It's on the main index near the bottom.

In this section you can post whatever you want and ONLY YOU will see your posts.

In other words, in that section, each person sees only their own posts.

It should be useful for testing, keeping notes, and writing drafts of posts that you plan to post later.

It will also be useful in our upcoming mini cms, because authors can write articles in that private section for editing, until they are ready to go public.

note: when i say no one can see the posts you make in that personal area except you,
keep in mind that admins of the site (me, brotherS, carolh, jgpaiava) can - so don't use it for passwords, etc.

nudone:
cool.

Carol Haynes:
Nice idea - any chance it could be added to the forum button bar? ("Profile and Membership" could be reduced to "My Profile" to make space)

jgpaiva:
This is a fun idea. It's really useful to make drafts of big posts. Good idea!  :Thmbsup:
I also support Carol's idea, it could be added to the top bar, or to the profile editing itself.

(BTW... Who's "jgpaiava"? :P)

mouser:
maybe he is your evil twin?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version