ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Goodbye to my father

<< < (4/10) > >>

Dormouse:
I am truly sorry for your loss, (though also relieved his pain has stopped).

But a wonderful tribute to him (though your existence and presence here is tribute enough).
I can't remember a time when I laughed in a eulogy from someone in the moment of suffering the loss. A wonderful person to have known.
My thoughts are with you. And with my own father a bit.
Thank you.

wraith808:
I lost my dad a few years back, I don't think it truly hit me until sometime later when I picked up a new Harley...and then realized that I couldn't stop by to show it to him.
-Stoic Joker (May 24, 2016, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's bad when that happens- just hits you out of the blue.  My dad loved clothes, and introduced me to this one shop.  I don't like clothes and dressing up like he did, but it was a store that I felt comfortable in, which was the reason he introduced it to me- to show me that shopping didn't have to be a bad experience.

I was in there, and out of the blue I saw this man that looked exactly like my dad!  I walked up to him, and of course when he turned around it wasn't.  There was like a drop deep in my stomach, and the guy saw it.  He was really nice, and stood there and talked with me a while about my dad and what the store meant.  And though I took that original gut punch, the memories overwhelmed that feelings of bad- like he was there with me for that brief moment.

Renegade said it well.

I hope you and your family can find some comfort in fond memories and celebrate his life.
-Renegade (May 24, 2016, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Those memories don't fully fill that space where you held him at first.  But over time, they expand, and life becomes just a little bit brighter when those memories show you just how fortunate you were to have him.

nosh:
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Please accept my heartfelt condolences, mouser.

x16wda:
So sorry. My Dad has been gone 20 years now, but I think of him whenever I see a plant or bird that I can name, or a book that we both read. I am so grateful that his path and mine crossed (besides the obvious).

He will be missed. And now the world will only know him through his reflection in you.

Best wishes for a difficult time.

Shades:
My condolences, Mouser.

It is very unfortunate to be a member of this club, as previous comments already pointed out. Lost my father in 2010 and although he wasn't a bright man (educational or intellectual), often came from his end ideas that were brilliant in hindsight. With my own advancement in years that hindsight becomes more clear every day. Hindsight isn't 20/20 anymore, it's much more like 40/40 (as I'm in my forties now).

Even if he wasn't interested in most (if not all) of my hobbies-of-the-moment in the days of my youth, he would do everything he could in supporting me to go after these. It seems to me your father deserves respect for everything he did in life and in his legacy. To me that is a job well done...and from reading your eulogy, for your father it was really a labor of love, making you a fortunate son and him a fortunate father.

My best wishes for you and your family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version