ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Insync free for next half day or so (2016-05-18)

(1/2) > >>

mwb1100:
Insync is a client for accessing Google drive from your desktop.  They have Windows, Mac, and Linux clients.  You need to link your Google account to their account.

https://www.insynchq.com/free

See this reddit thread for some discussion about this offer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/4jl88o/google_drive_users_insync_is_free_for_the_next_72/

Note/disclaimer: I have signed up for the free license, but haven't yet had an opportunity to try the product.

MilesAhead:
Hmmm, it will not accept my MDC email hosted by google because the domain shows as mymdc.net.  Supposedly I have "unlimited storage" there.  It is a bit klunky doing drag and drop upload through chrome browser.  I would like to try it out but it seems to be a no go.

mwb1100:
I don't know if this will be a workaround you can use, but I had a work related Google account that did not have GMail configured on it.  Insync would not allow that account to be used to activate an Insync account/license.

However, I was able to add GMail to that account, activate Insync on it, then remove GMail from that account.  This workaround was based on some posts in the reddit thread.  The reddit thread indicates that Insync will continue to work after GMail has been removed.  I haven't had an opportunity to test that; I'm not concerned if it ends up breaking Insync since I don't have a great need for the Insyc functionality on that account - it's just a nice-to-have.

Anyway, if you're able to add GMail to that account temporarily you might be good to go.

MilesAhead:
Anyway, if you're able to add GMail to that account temporarily you might be good to go.

-mwb1100 (May 18, 2016, 06:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip.   :Thmbsup:

IainB:
Thanks for the heads-up.
Out of interest I signed up 3 separate Gmail accounts for this FREE offer for the standard Insync Plus account "for consumers" (aren't we all?).
However, I am stuck trying to login to Insync with my Gmail account as a first-time user, having just installed Insync via the FREE offer (whilst the clock was still running).
The Win 10 Insync App downloaded, installed and seems to work OK, but the browser just hangs on login - in Firefox and IE - with the message "Connecting to Insync..."

Restarting the browser doesn't seem to help.
I posted a request for help to the Insync support team (there's a popup chat window on the browser sign-in page). but they are probably all tucked up in bed at present.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version