ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Emulate a green monitor to reduce eye strain.

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
You could just wear a pair of sunglasses or get a real filter for your screen, rather than trying to make a homemade one.

I used to have one of these way back when I was using a 15" CRT. It took me awhile to adjust to life without one when I moved up to a larger CRT monitor that it wouldn't fit on.

I am beginning to wonder if I should start saving my money and buy one for this LCD. It's been over a year and I still haven't been able to get used to the difference between a CRT and LCD.

http://www.visioncarefilters.com/frames.html

WARNING: These are very expensive.

jgpaiva:
I don't think that the idea of using green paper on your screen is good. Probably, the strain of reading through the paper (which might not look that important at first hand, but i'm quite sure would be important on the long run) would be worse than supporting the screen's glare.

mouser:
Firstly I snuck downstairs to the theatre, and stole some green lighting gel.
    * Yes - I actually do live above a theatre.
    * No - I don't wear a mask and drop chandeliers on people.
--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D

tomos:
You could just wear a pair of sunglasses or get a real filter for your screen, rather than trying to make a homemade one.
I am beginning to wonder if I should start saving my money and buy one for this LCD. It's been over a year and I still haven't been able to get used to the difference between a CRT and LCD.-app103 (May 21, 2007, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

App:
I thought LCD etc screens were supposed to be easier on the eyes  :tellme: -
do you have a very high contrast one or whats the problem getting used to it ?

app103:
I am not too sure exactly what the problem is, except that I would have to compare reading text on a LCD to being about the same as reading a book under flourescent light. Not something I can do for any length of time without my eyes burning and feeling like I have sand in them.

And even though I have ClearType turned on, the text really isn't all that clear.

Reading on a CRT is much easier for me. The text is much cleaner, sharper. My eyes feel much more relaxed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version