ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

snipping tool with image editor

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
Very interesting approach Iain :up:

tomos:
In case anyone wondered, the only reason I avoid using SC for clipping images is that I haven't had the time to yet figure out how to get SC to automatically save image clips to the Clipboard, so as to get them into CHS' database for subsequent editing by SC...    :-[
-IainB (May 08, 2016, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

this part is easy enough, although, now I look at it, I'm not 100% sure which choice to make:
Options >Basic Capture >Post capture options:
Copy to Clipboard: [select one of] Image Bitmap / File itself
=>
I'm not sure what the difference is between those two options.

Tuxman:
is there a simple light snipping tool for Win8.1 with image editor similar to Paint or better embedded?
-kalos (May 06, 2016, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

"Light" "with an image editor embedded". Oh dear.

Other than that, ShareX.

IainB:
@tomos:
In case anyone wondered, the only reason I avoid using SC for clipping images is that I haven't had the time to yet figure out how to get SC to automatically save image clips to the Clipboard, so as to get them into CHS' database for subsequent editing by SC...    :-[
-IainB (May 08, 2016, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
this part is easy enough, although, now I look at it, I'm not 100% sure which choice to make:
Options >Basic Capture >Post capture options:
Copy to Clipboard: [select one of] Image Bitmap / File itself
=>
I'm not sure what the difference is between those two options.
-tomos (May 08, 2016, 06:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your helpful comment, which I just now came across whilst searching for my post above: Re: snipping tool with image editor - Using CHS as an image clip management tool

Though I did figure out for myself the answer that you give anyway, I'd just like to give a belated thanks for your helpful comment - which I don't think I had read/seen before now!   :-[
I have edited my post to include your comment.

cyberdiva:
I've used a program called HyperSnap for many years. It snips, crops, resizes, alters colors, captures, does scrolls and regional scrolls, etc. etc. I'm not a sophisticated user, but I've found that I don't need to be to use it for my varied needs. I've tried other programs, including the more expensive SnagIt, but found I much preferred HyperSnap. I also tried mouser's Screenshot Capture, but although SC is a fine program, I didn't see any reason to switch and have to deal with a new learning curve.

HyperSnap isn't free. I don't remember what I paid for it umpteen years ago, but it currently sells for $39.95. It's now in version 8. I'm one version behind, because that version already does everything I want. (I may upgrade just to support the helpful developer.)

Here's a screenshot of one section of the program:

snipping tool with image editor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version