ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Planet-killer meteor video: holy snikes!

(1/3) > >>

zridling:
The Japanese have made an animation what would happen if Earth would be hit with a "planet-killer" meteor. Interesting, as long as it doesn't interrupt my internet connection.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JHdYBet_4Q&search=Meteorite%20Collision

mouser:
Interesting, as long as it doesn't interrupt my internet connection.
--- End quote ---

:P

Gothi[c]:
That's not a planet killer if you ask me. The planet seemed very much alive after impact. Only them annoying little things that used to live on it weren't. It's like a planet-pest-control thing.
:)

Rover:
I must be getting used to Hollywood effects; the video looked pretty silly to me.

The asteroid looked to be about the size of the USA.  I really don't think I care to know the exact details of that type of collision; I'll just assume I'll be dead shortly after impact.

y0himba:
It would take a much smaller meteor to remove life on this planet.  Not only that, but a meteor that size would crack the Earth, intorduce a planetary wobble, and cause rings of debris aournd the planet.  The gravitational effects prior to strike would be devastating alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version