ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Amazon: clicking 'Unhelpful' on Customer Review now has NO effect

<< < (5/6) > >>

nosh:
And there are often many different listings for exactly the same product.

--- End quote ---

And sometimes there's one listing for similar products. I bought a Lodge cast iron skillet today. They've clubbed nine different sizes into one listing, there are over 8000 reviews and over 500 answered questions.

Q: "What's the actual size of the base?"
Ans: 8"
Ans: 9"
Ans: 3" ... WTF!

The reviews are similarly mixed for all eight sizes. Here the items are basically similar but if you were interested in buying a really large skillet wouldn't you want to read the reviews for just that size? Too bad, there's no way to filter it down. Sometimes there are different materials used for similar items, the other reviews are completely meaningless then.

IMO, for verified purchases, there shouldn't even be an option given to specify the exact product purchased and the seller. These fields should appear automatically for the review and the user should be able to rate and review both, product and seller on a comprehensive review page. I'm guessing Amazon has given these processes a lot more consideration than we're giving them credit for and the resulting system is one that hurts their sales the least.

4wd:
And there are often many different listings for exactly the same product.

--- End quote ---

And sometimes there's one listing for similar products. I bought a Lodge cast iron skillet today.

The reviews are similarly mixed for all eight sizes. Here the items are basically similar but if you were interested in buying a really large skillet wouldn't you want to read the reviews for just that size? Too bad, there's no way to filter it down. Sometimes there are different materials used for similar items, the other reviews are completely meaningless then.-nosh (May 03, 2016, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is:

Click: See all 8,289 customer reviews (newest first)

On the next screen:
Amazon: clicking 'Unhelpful' on Customer Review now has NO effect

The option presented in the dropdown will be the product you are looking at, eg. if you had selected 17" then that's the choice that will be displayed.

nosh:
Eep! :-[  I actually checked the page once more before posting to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks for pointing this out.  :up:

4wd:
Interesting thread, there is actually a tool to clear-out 'low quality' reviews and weed-out commissioned-reviews: fakespot.com

While it might not be visible on the default site's display-style, fakespot utilized data received by APIs so I assume it will take into account those negative votes on reviews.-GSz (May 03, 2016, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://fakespot.com/product/fillinlight-128gb-phone-memory-card-with-class-10-speed

128GB MicroSD for less than $6 and obviously incorrectly marked as SD HC ?

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you ....

:P

FWIW, FakeSpot's analysis of the same card when it was called 128GB TransFlash.

def:
Back to the original question of this thread, how many people did not find a certain review helpful: I might be missing something, but I think it doesn't have anything to do with being logged in or not (as was suggested in this thread). And I'm pretty sure the counter is still being updated as before. It's just not shown by default anymore. Now you have to click on the review title to get to a single page with only this one review on it, e.g. http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3S23J70VFH350

As you can see,
19 of 20 people found the following review helpful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version