ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Amazon: clicking 'Unhelpful' on Customer Review now has NO effect

(1/6) > >>

tomos:

* I notice that if I click 'No' for 'Was this review helpful to you?' below customer reviews on amazon -- it now has zero effect
* If the review had, say: 'One person found this helpful', and I refresh the page there is no change
* If no one has clicked either way on the review, the negative vote still does not show
This the case on amazon.com & amazon.de

This combined with a lot of dodgy (obviously rigged) reviews for many products is making me pretty wary of amazon.

Deozaan:
It may be that it doesn't update the count immediately.

mouser:
I was just about to suggest the same thing.

tomos:
^ they may have changed how quickly it refreshes, but they have also changed how they display the info:
they used say, e.g. '1 of 7 people found this helpful' -- i.e. 6 people found it unhelpful. There is now no record of those six negatives.
As I say I got the impression that a negative 'vote' does not counteract a positive one -- which would mean that the negative vote is invisible.

Actually I can prove it by looking at my own reviews:
if I look at them under the my account page, it still shows the negative votes -- an example:
15 von 27 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich
If I'm not logged in and look at the same review, it says:
15 Personen fanden diese Informationen hilfreich.
(I dont think I need to translate?)

btw, it's not like I go around giving negative votes left right and centre, in fact I give them relatively rarely. But if I'm researching a product, looking at that kind of info can be very helpful.

mouser:
ah that's interesting..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version