ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

IDEA: Mouse Squeaker

<< < (2/6) > >>

luvnbeast:
Clicklock is when you hold the mouse button down.. and eventually the left click will lock into place so you do not need to be holding down the mouse button anymore. Unfortunately this process is silent with no sound to tell you when it is on or off. Many mouse cursors do not change when clicklock is on either. I am actually disabled and find it difficult to keep holding down the mouse button while I work, so I need this function. Windows never had a sound associated with it (I checked) so that is the main reason why I came here to you fine people. I hope you could help me please and others who might like a sound to tell them it is on or off ...

skwire:
Here's a quickie proof-of-concept:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/squeaky_mouse/SqueakyMouse.zip

Unzip into its own folder and run SqueakyMouse.exe.  I've included some sample WAV files for testing but feel free to change them to whatever you'd like.  Once you're ready, click the "Enable Sounds" button at the bottom to activate.  Since it's a proof-of-concept, there are no hide-to-tray options, etc.  Please let me know if this works how you had in mind.

luvnbeast:
 :-* This is awsum.... And it's pretty convenient.. The interesting thing is I have heard of different glitches in Win forums to make the mouse sound... but nothing about controlling this event or the clicklock sound either... I wish micro-idiots would have done this... Although CursorFX now has sound events for different actions.. but they failed at clicklock though. thank you very much for this wonderful toy... :)

skwire:
thank you very much for this wonderful toy... -luvnbeast (May 03, 2016, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're very welcome; I'm glad you find it useful.  Here's the website release version with a few extra usability options:

Website | Download
v1.0.1 - 2016-05-03
    + Initial website release.

v1.0.0 - 2016-05-01
    + Initial forum beta.

luvnbeast:
Squeaker is working good.. except... when I changed the sound from clicklock on... to another sound.. it stopped making the sound for some reason... I have it on my startup and I have tried different wav files.. even known working ones.. and nothing... please check it out when you get a chance...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version