ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Custom dice for board games, etc.

<< < (3/6) > >>

Edvard:
Paint. 

Potentially messier, but more durable and customizable.  You can get very small jars of paint at most craft stores, so you're not paying for a ton more than you need.
Find a paint that will stick to the material those die are made of, preferably a gloss enamel of some sort, so it's durable when dry, then just draw the designs on with a Sharpie after.  FWIW, Sharpies also come in sets of colors, like crayons.

Deozaan:
I've got the PDF all ready to go for the printer:

Custom dice for board games, etc.

That's at 12.5% zoom (when you click it to view it "full-size"). I've got enough for 3 sets of 13 different dice in that image, with spare room for more. I'm really going to hate myself when I have to cut all these out and apply them one by one. :'(

Paint.-Edvard (April 28, 2016, 07:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be a decent suggestion if not for the fact that I'm not very artistic and as you can see above, the designs are a bit more complex than a simple sharpie can handle. Or at least more complex than what I can pull off with sharpies. :D

Ath:
Now I just need to figure out how to cut out the individual images from the sheet efficiently and accurately.
-Deozaan (April 28, 2016, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
scalpel knife and steel ruler as a guide, on a sturdy backing like plywood?

tomos:
^ a proper cutting mat/board will make it much easier (and wont blunt the blades so much).
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cutting+mat+graphics&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acutting+mat+graphics

wraith808:
I've got the PDF all ready to go for the printer:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

That's at 12.5% zoom (when you click it to view it "full-size"). I've got enough for 3 sets of 13 different dice in that image, with spare room for more. I'm really going to hate myself when I have to cut all these out and apply them one by one. :'(

Paint.-Edvard (April 28, 2016, 07:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be a decent suggestion if not for the fact that I'm not very artistic and as you can see above, the designs are a bit more complex than a simple sharpie can handle. Or at least more complex than what I can pull off with sharpies. :D
-Deozaan (April 29, 2016, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Could you paint the colors, and then layer the stickers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version