ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Resource Builder or Resource Tuner - Are they really necessary ?

<< < (2/2)

Defenestration:
Good point. I actually found that AWIcons has it's own site (http://www.awicons.com/awicons.shtml), which has a lighter version of AWIcons available (ie. Standard version) for $29.95, although this still probably offers more functionality than the built-in icon editor of Resource Builder. I suppose it depends on how much icon work you think you'll do.

mouser:
btw:
hamradio has written a very good icon editor review which will be published this month.
maybe i can expedite getting this published to help inform this discussion - i know he looked at awicons a lot.

Defenestration:
That would be an interesting read.

f0dder:
I was checking out the Member specials and came across very good discounts on Resource Tuner and Resource Builder. I know these apps can rip/replace/edit resources from EXE's, DLL's, etc., but are these apps really necessary when Visual Studio already includes a resource editor?
-Defenestration (July 06, 2006, 01:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
(emphasis added by me)
When hax0ring around with other people's executables, perhaps... or if you decide that visual studio is too clunky and would rather use, say, notepad++ and SCons for editing and building.

Defenestration:
I have just been told by the author of Resource Tuner that sole developers of shareware do not need a business licence (apparently this only applies to the big-boys :)). The same goes for AWIcons Pro.

Therefore, the price has suddenly come down to $19.98 + $29.95 for AWIcons Standard. I am in the process of trying to get a 50% discount for AWIcons Standard and Pro ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version