ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Examples of great, intuitive, clever UI design?

(1/3) > >>

JavaJones:
Hi folks! I'm in the process of conceptualizing a new graphics program and I'm looking for ideas and inspiration in user interface design. I would love to see your favorite examples of excellent, well designed, intuitive, even "clever" User Interfaces in applications (not websites). Aesthetics matter too, but I'm mostly interested in functional design.

It would be especially helpful to see examples of applications with complex functionality that is exposed through an intuitive UI. 3D programs, music programs, etc. Creative applications, content creation, that kind of thing.

Ideally examples would be from desktop applications, but mobile apps (phone/tablet) are useful tool. Basically any UI that has ever made you go "wow, I wouldn't have thought of that" or use words like "inspired", "ingenious", or "slick" to describe it. The kind of UIs that are immediately intuitive and easy to use, appealing to look at, and a pleasure to interact with. With everything where it "should" be and no actions taking more steps than seem necessary.

Examples of UIs with some nice ideas and "touches", but that are not necessarily a cohesively awesome UI all around also helpful. But I'm really looking for excellent all-around design examples.

Thanks much!

- Oshyan

mouser:
Basically any UI that has ever made you go "wow, I wouldn't have thought of that"
--- End quote ---

I'll try to think of some but to be honest i'm happiest when the UI is completely standard and causes me not to notice it -- a nice clean standard UI with nothing unusual.

wraith808:
Basically any UI that has ever made you go "wow, I wouldn't have thought of that"
--- End quote ---

I'll try to think of some but to be honest i'm happiest when the UI is completely standard and causes me not to notice it -- a nice clean standard UI with nothing unusual.
-mouser (April 30, 2016, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here.  Some of the best and most innovative UX designs to me have been minimal and simplistic, finding a way to cut things down to expose the core of the application.  "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."

zorinisso:
The first one i think of is a software i use every day: http://moi3d.com/
Great ui, everything is under your fingers, just before you need it. It's a programme to design in 3d, easy to use, light, great intuitive ui

Tuxman:
An outstanding UI that comes to my mind is GitKraken's: http://www.gitkraken.com

Other than that, I'm with mouser here. Too much blinking stuff usually rather distracts from your real work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version