topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Process Tamer  (Read 3517 times)

gbonkers992

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Process Tamer
« on: April 20, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Okay, I downloaded the Process Tamer, so how does this work. My computer is still speeding up when I watch videos.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Process Tamer
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 03:43 AM »
stop watching videos...

I don't know what changes were made, but nowadays most of us have this CPU -eating video problem. One can hope it's because of the improved, modern video quality is needing more power, than the poor videos of yesterday. If Process Tamer tamed the video playing process, your video would not play smoothly. Maybe we just need a more powerful computer?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Good points Curt.
If the OP is watching video online though, I suspect they're screwed, no matter how powerful their machine is.
tbh I havent even considered Process Tamer there: instead I dream about the ideal browser that doesnt hog my cpu and gpu when watching a simple video
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 04:17 AM »
If the OP is watching video online though, I suspect they're screwed, no matter how powerful their machine is.
tbh I havent even considered Process Tamer there: instead I dream about the ideal browser that doesnt hog my cpu and gpu when watching a simple video

last night I tried Internet Explorer (on windows 7), and it did very well with streaming video -- no hogging of two cores as in PaleMoon (one for the browser, one for the plugin container).
Tom