ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone know a good free folder locking program?

(1/2) > >>

wolf7:
I saw a similar thread posted at another site and thought, I could really use something like that too, so I figured I would ask the experts here if they know of a good free app like this.

It would be nice if it could hide and lock folders, but just to lock them so you can't open them and look inside without a password would be ok.

I'm not looking for a program like AxCrypt that will only encrypt the files in a folder, but does nothing to prevent someone from opening the folder and seeing what's inside and deleting files or renaming them etc...

Also programs like TrueCrypt are not what I'm looking for either. I want a simple to use program like AxCrypt, but will also lock or encrypt a folder, so you cannot open it and look inside it without a password.

Perhaps a lot to ask for in a free program, but I know you guys get around here and if anyone knows of such a program most likely you guys would.

Oh, and I'm running xp home.

Thanks very much for any help.

superboyac:
While we're on this, besides freeware, I'd be interested in any program that does this well.  Thanks.

kimmchii:
Microsoft Private Folder 1.0

Microsoft Private Folder 1.0 is a useful tool for you to protect your private data when your friends, colleagues, kids or other people share your PC or account. With this tool, you will get one password protected folder called 'My Private Folder' in your account to save your personal files. Download and have your private folder today!

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers/default.aspx?displaylang=en#441c2998-248b-49cf-b084-f3a237b58f71

direct link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/8/9/1894531f-b15a-4b97-9caf-57f5a7d0b438/MSPF10CHT.msi

skywalka:
Has anybody actually used MPF yet?  I'd love some opinions.  I'm a bit hesitant to try something that was pulled as soon as it was released.

Josh:
It was pulled due to lazy admins complaining about users being able to have a password protected and encrypted data folder. It works as intended and is a pretty decent app. DONT LOSE YOUR PASSWORD THOU!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version