ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Twist Tie alternative?

<< < (6/9) > >>

app103:
Just because I hate it when a bud falls out and I could get them for $8 I bought these JVC Earclip Buds
-MilesAhead (April 17, 2016, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

My husband loves that style because of how well they stay put in his ears. I think the pairs I bought for him from CVS were like $3.99 or $4.99, in-store.

Personally, I won't even try them because they still plug into your ears, which means they will make my ears itch like crazy. Plus they don't look like they would be too comfortable for someone that wears glasses.

I prefer the old school kind with the headband, that can sit over the ears (or in front of them, if I also need to hear what is going on around me).

MilesAhead:
Just because I hate it when a bud falls out and I could get them for $8 I bought these JVC Earclip Buds
--- End quote ---

My husband loves that style because of how well they stay put in his ears. I think the pairs I bought for him from CVS were like $3.99 or $4.99, in-store.

Personally, I won't even try them because they still plug into your ears, which means they will make my ears itch like crazy. Plus they don't look like they would be too comfortable for someone that wears glasses.

I prefer the old school kind with the headband, that can sit over the ears (or in front of them, if I also need to hear what is going on around me).
-app103 (April 17, 2016, 09:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

The worst decision I made afa earphones was to purchase a Sony over the hJust because I hate it when a bud falls out and I could get them for $8 I bought these JVC Earclip Buds
--- End quote ---

-app103 (April 17, 2016, 09:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

The worst decision I made afa earphones was to purchase a Sony over the ear set of phones for $100.  The sound was great.  But my father did not feel the Florida heat.  When it got to 95F I had to beg him to put the A/C on.  So the headset stayed folded up in the pouch.  Plus they tended to get way slimy with ear wax.  On the ear is much better.  I was thinking if there exists or could be made a set that did not touch the ear at all.  But was positioned near the ear and had a wave guide to project the sound into the ear canal.  They are probably already out there somewhere.

mwb1100:
I was thinking if there exists or could be made a set that did not touch the ear at all.  But was positioned near the ear and had a wave guide to project the sound into the ear canal.  They are probably already out there somewhere.
-MilesAhead (April 18, 2016, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

You might want to check out "bone conduction" earphones on Amazon.  I have no idea how well they work, but they sound like they'd be of interest to people who don't want something inside of or covering their ears.

MilesAhead:
"bone conduction" earphones
-mwb1100 (April 18, 2016, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up.  ;)

app103:
I was thinking if there exists or could be made a set that did not touch the ear at all.  But was positioned near the ear and had a wave guide to project the sound into the ear canal.  They are probably already out there somewhere.
-MilesAhead (April 18, 2016, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I couldn't help but remember this. A friend of mine had one in the 80's, back in high school, before anyone had even heard of the Sony Walkman.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/09/bone-fone-the-terror/279474/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version