topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SC Feature Request - transparency of hiliting rect  (Read 5248 times)

kproth

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SC Feature Request - transparency of hiliting rect
« on: July 17, 2006, 07:28 AM »
Request:

Can we get an option to set highlighting rectangle transparency separately for the border and the inner-color? Or perhaps better yet, have transparency apply only to the inner color and not the border?

Here's what I'm seeing: I'm applying a highlighting rectangle to a screen-cap of a command-window, with white text on a black border. I have a red border color selected and a yellow inner color. I'm trying to highlight some of the text. Because the transparency option applies equally to both the border and the inner-color, I have two choices:

a] the inner color is nearly opaque (rendering the text "under" it impossible to read), but the border stands out nicely

-or-

b] the inner color is nearly transparent, yielding a very nice highlighted effect, but the border is nearly invisible.

Thanks
- Kevin

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: SC Feature Request - transparency of hiliting rect
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:37 AM »
yep, this has been requested before - and i agree it would be nice.

the easiest thing would be to keep outside border completely opaque, or else use something like outside border transparency = inner transparency + 100.  i may be able to do either of those quite easily.. let me try.

kproth

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SC Feature Request - transparency of hiliting rect
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:57 AM »
If you're taking votes, my first choice is to keep the border completely opaque. My second choice is to have a user-definable "difference" between the transparency of the border vs. the inner-color, instead of hard-coding a difference of e.g. 100.

I tried my test case again, and would want an inner-color transparency of 50, but with the border at 150 (50 + 100) I don't think it's quite bold enough; I'd want at least 200.

- Kevin