ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Start Menu 10 Pro "skip start screen"

<< < (3/4) > >>

x16wda:
Are you just trying to get rid of that ridiculous extra screen where you have to press a key to get to the logon screen? If that's it, I used WinAeroTweaker to fix that when Win 8 introduced it (it's Disable Lock Screen in the Boot & Logon section). Or you could regedit over to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization and create a dword "NoLockScreen" and set it to 1.

Of course I could easily be misunderstanding what you're looking for...

MilesAhead:
Are you just trying to get rid of that ridiculous extra screen where you have to press a key to get to the logon screen?
-x16wda (March 27, 2016, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

No.  But since you mention it I will check out Tweaker.  The key I am trying to avoid is hitting Enter with the Desktop tile in upper left corner.  It seems to be working since using my program to start the Tray programs I added recently rather than using their built in "start with Windows" function.  The Start Screen comes up.  Then when Start Menu 10 Start Button shows, it goes to the Desktop without any intervention.  The other weird thing I notice in Start Menu 10 is if the option is enabled to hit Winkey twice to go back to the Desktop from the Start Screen, when in Desktop if I hit the Winkey, it will go to the Start Screen but only remain there while I hold the key down.  As soon as I release it I am back at the Desktop.

No biggie.  I just disabled the Winkey option.  :)

Curt:
@MilesAhead, did you try Classic Shell? Surely, Half a million downloads per month must imply something...

http://www.classicshell.net/
hClassic Shell (shell alternative for Windows 10, 8, 7) - Mini-Review-donationcoder.com/forum
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
@MilesAhead, did you try Classic Shell? Surely, Half a million downloads per month must imply something...

http://www.classicshell.net/
hClassic Shell (shell alternative for Windows 10, 8, 7) - Mini-Review-donationcoder.com/forum
--- End quote ---

-Curt (March 29, 2016, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried Classic Shell awhile back.  It was flakier than Start Menu X or 10.  So far the work-around of adding these LED and AltDrag tray utilities via my delayed start utility seems to be working. Since I made the change it has worked every time(up to about 6 or 7 boots by now I think.)

Also I start Nexus Dock using the delayed utility.  I am starting to like Nexus.  Simple to configure.  Now that I have it so it closes after a short delay and does not jump in front of other windows, and does not make sound effects, it is unobtrusive.  It seems simpler to set up than RocketDock.

MilesAhead:
Well, I kept getting funky hangs at startup with this where I had to log off, then log back on.  So what I did was disable the Start With Windows option for Start Menu 10.  This makes the Bypass Start Screen option moot.  I just added Start Menu 10 to my DelayedCuts list.

I log in and hit enter to go to the desktop.  Then all is as normal.  After everything else loads Start Menu 10 runs.  Good enough!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version