ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Start Menu 10 Pro "skip start screen"

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
I had a giveaway for Start Menu X Pro.  The "skip start screen" feature never worked.  Recently GOTD had a giveaway of Start Menu 10 by the same publisher.  At least on my Laptop running Windows 8.0 the "skip start screen" feature works consistently.

Also it is slightly different than Start Menu X in appearance.  I like it better.  I think the skip start screen is not limited to the Pro edition.  So it should work on the freebie if anyone wants to check it out.

It should pop up on another giveaway site soon.
Start Menu 10

rjbull:
Thanks for the information.  :)  I see that as of today, 2016-03-20, it's on a 10th anniversary sale at 50% regular price.

MilesAhead:
Thanks for the information.  :)  I see that as of today, 2016-03-20, it's on a 10th anniversary sale at 50% regular price.
-rjbull (March 20, 2016, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool.  For those mainly interested in bypassing the Start Screen I believe that feature is also in the Free version.

Curt:
http://www.ordinarysoft.com/

Start Menu 10
Start Menu X
Start Button 8
Classic Start Menu
Start Menu 7
Vista Start Menu
Start Menu XP
Tidy Start Menu
Tidy Favorites

--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
I spoke too soon.  Now every day on the first boot of the day it hangs at the start screen.  Hitting Enter or clicking on the Desktop tile does nothing. I have to control alt del and log off, then log back in.  Then it works.  It's easier just to turn the option off and hit Enter to go to the Desktop.  Sheesh.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version