Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 28, 2014, 05:35:10 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The end of the line for cursive writing  (Read 5234 times)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »

Aunt Bea would someday like be a bee but it's just not possible.

Do stop bumbling about!

Chris
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 04:27:03 AM »

It just occurred to me... The cost of people not being able to properly read/write in cursive will be high as illiterate pharmacists try to decipher doctors' scribblings and end up poisoning people!

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 06:34:50 AM »

It just occurred to me... The cost of people not being able to properly read/write in cursive will be high as illiterate pharmacists try to decipher doctors' scribblings and end up poisoning people!

Not really, print is harder to completely butcher. So if doctors drop cursive it should actually help the situation.

When I was younger I had a fairly nice signature, now arthritis has turned it into a scrawl. ...I haven't written in cursive in so long I've actually forgotten some of the letters.
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »

Not really, print is harder to completely butcher. So if doctors drop cursive it should actually help the situation.

When I was younger I had a fairly nice signature, now arthritis has turned it into a scrawl. ...I haven't written in cursive in so long I've actually forgotten some of the letters.

On the good side, a pharmacist could give you morphine...

I'd prefer to think that doctors will always scribble and that I could luck into some morphine. smiley

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.07 ]