ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Surface Pro 4 (etc); observations from long term use?

<< < (9/11) > >>

wraith808:
I've had the same experience. But I've been waiting a while, and have seen nothing official, so I think I'm going to take my chances.
-wraith808 (September 19, 2016, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's how it works. It's not a week after you first think about ordering it. It's a week after you actually do order it. :D
-Deozaan (September 19, 2016, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I've decided to go with the SP4.  Now I'm just trying to decide between the m3 and the i5.  So far, opinions seem mixed on which one to get.

awraynor:
My Surface 3 is an Atom, with 4B of RAM. It does okay with browsing and Plex playback.
That is pretty much all I used it for.

I hope to use my Surface 4 as a desktop replacement. I am not a coder, gamer, nor graphic artist.
Still, given there is no way to easily upgrade I went with the i5 with 8GB of RAM as a good middle ground.
I already notice less battery life than with the Atom, the i7 just wasn't right for my new situation.

Given the prices, used at least, the i5 seems to be a good middle ground. Also in that it comes with the 8GB of RAM.

wraith808:
My Surface 3 is an Atom, with 4B of RAM. It does okay with browsing and Plex playback.
That is pretty much all I used it for.

I hope to use my Surface 4 as a desktop replacement. I am not a coder, gamer, nor graphic artist.
Still, given there is no way to easily upgrade I went with the i5 with 8GB of RAM as a good middle ground.
I already notice less battery life than with the Atom, the i7 just wasn't right for my new situation.

Given the prices, used at least, the i5 seems to be a good middle ground. Also in that it comes with the 8GB of RAM.
-awraynor (September 26, 2016, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

They actually have an i5 that's 4GB of RAM.  The only concern I have buying off of ebay is the lack of any sort of safety net other than the manufacturer's warranty.

wraith808:
Well, I actually purchased off of eBay.  Didn't really mean to, but I set up a few low bids on Gixen, and got one of them.  $635 for the i5/4GB New.  What made me even bid was the fact that I found out you can purchase a warranty.  So I'm waiting to make sure it's in the advertised condition, and then I'll buy that.  Maybe. 

Anyone have any opinions one way or the other?  It would be either squaretrade or warrantech.

Dormouse:
Good luck. Hope it all goes well.
As ever, I'm really envious of US prices.

I'm still very happy with my Book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version