ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Surface Pro 4 (etc); observations from long term use?

<< < (4/11) > >>

wraith808:
I tried to order a Surface from Microsoft Store - Build Your Bundle, but I was not allowed to order one without Office 365. There was no option for Office 2016 or no Office.

-Curt (May 20, 2016, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a bundle.  You have to buy O365 in order to qualify for the bundle.  You can buy Surface without the O365 outside of the bundle.

w3bcrawler:
Does any of you guys use a Surface as your only computer, or is it "always" the transportable I'm-off-for-a-meeting one? I guess my question is, if I need two computers, or if a strong Surface will do?
 :tellme:

-Curt (May 20, 2016, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use my Surface 4 Pro as a main machine and a mobile machine. I have a desktop that's way more powerful but I honestly enjoy using the Surface a lot more because the touchscreen and stylus make it really easy to read and annotate. The display is also stunning. For using it 'on the go', I use it for university. The charge lasts about 4-8hrs depending on what you're using it for and what your settings are (ie screen brightness etc)

I have the i5/4GB RAM/128GB SSD model, and it's honestly met and exceeded my expectations in every regard. It's also worth noting that I'm not by any means a Microsoft fanboi, but this is by far the best machine I've ever laid hands on.

Cheers!

w3bcrawler

Dormouse:
I read this article on the 'Sleep of Death'. Doesn't do a lot for Microsoft's reputation or their ability to sort Surface bugs out but wouldn't inconvenience me - I've never found sleep or hibernate reliable enough to use and remember having problems restarting sometimes years ago when I did try it. But further encourages me to wait until the next generation is out.

Dormouse:
Decided to buy now. Too much uncertainty over whether the next version will be out during this tax year. And I can use it now. And might still have business profits to offset in a few years when it comes to replace it.
Was going to go for the i7 8/256GB Book but in the end went for i5, 8/128GB; I didn't think I could justify paying 44% more, when I can just do anything needing more power on a desktop. I expect it will significantly reduce my desktop usage.
So hoping for the best now.

Deozaan:
Cool! Let us know how it goes. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version