ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Surface Pro 4 (etc); observations from long term use?

<< < (3/11) > >>

wraith808:
I just bought two vcomputers from Dell after doing comparisons on MicrosoftStore.com  and was going to but from MS until Dell offered to price match. No reps tried to talk to me about perhaps I wanted to look at the surface.  And the site itself didn't convince me that maybe the time to look at it was now.

That's a fail no matter how you look at it.

Dormouse:
I think I have decided, more or less, to buy the Book version. Sounds as if it is the best laptop replacement. No one saying I would be mad, despite the price, and even a mild positivity. But I'll hope to wait for the next generation to be out. It might be better, and, if it isn't, the current generation will probably be reduced in price. And I'm unlikely to need to buy earlier.

Curt:
Does any of you guys use a Surface as your only computer, or is it "always" the transportable I'm-off-for-a-meeting one? I guess my question is, if I need two computers, or if a strong Surface will do?
 :tellme:

wraith808:
I think I have decided, more or less, to buy the Book version. Sounds as if it is the best laptop replacement. No one saying I would be mad, despite the price, and even a mild positivity. But I'll hope to wait for the next generation to be out. It might be better, and, if it isn't, the current generation will probably be reduced in price. And I'm unlikely to need to buy earlier.
-Dormouse (May 13, 2016, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here.

Does any of you guys use a Surface as your only computer, or is it "always" the transportable I'm-off-for-a-meeting one? I guess my question is, if I need two computers, or if a strong Surface will do?
 :tellme:

-Curt (May 20, 2016, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can't speak from experience, but all of the research (including asking those that have used one) seems to point in that direction for certain everyday uses.  I haven't seen anyone say that they do primary video/photo editing, or other CPU intensive things on it.  So it would depend on your intended usage of your computer.

Curt:
I tried to order a Surface from Microsoft Store - Build Your Bundle, but I was not allowed to order one without Office 365. There was no option for Office 2016 or no Office.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version