ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Uninstall ScreenCaptor

(1/1)

geezerinit:
Hi there,

I`ve tried, without any success to uninstall ScreenCaptor.

Everything I log on to my PC I either get a pop up telling me it can`t find a "donationCoder_ScreenshotCaptor_Key.dat" file, or when try to delete everything "donation coder" on my PC, I receive a pop up in my system tray directing me to your website.

I`ve tried to uninstall using the control panel in windows and even other 3rd party programs. I`ve attempted to search my computer and delete everything to do with this program, but everytime I log on the files re generate and I keep getting the same pop ups.

I really would like to completely delete this program, can you please help?

Cheers
m

mouser:
Hi geezerinit,

I'm sorry you're experiencing some frustration.

Screenshot Captor has nothing in it that should make uninstalling difficult -- it should uninstall cleanly and easily without doing anything special.

The normal way is to run the Uninstaller which can be found in the Screenshot Captor start menu, or from the Control Panel section of uninstalling programs.

If you have manually deleted those, you could simply delete the default installation folder at C:\Program Files x86\Screenshot Captor
(if Screenshot Captor is currently running you can exit it from the system tray menu for screenshot captor).

If in doubt, you might try reinstalling it and then uninstalling it using the start menu item in the Screenshot Captor start menu to uninstall.

Feel free to email me if you need further help ([email protected])

Hi there,

I`ve tried, without any success to uninstall ScreenCaptor.

Everything I log on to my PC I either get a pop up telling me it can`t find a "donationCoder_ScreenshotCaptor_Key.dat" file, or when try to delete everything "donation coder" on my PC, I receive a pop up in my system tray directing me to your website.

I`ve tried to uninstall using the control panel in windows and even other 3rd party programs. I`ve attempted to search my computer and delete everything to do with this program, but everytime I log on the files re generate and I keep getting the same pop ups.

I really would like to completely delete this program, can you please help?

Cheers
m
-geezerinit (March 10, 2016, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

tomos:
If you're going to delete anything, probably best to close the programme first if it's running e.g. via the tray icon (right-click: exit).
Also: could it be possible that this was a portable version?
Did the uninstallers actually find the programme?

geezerinit:
Thank you both for the advice and help.

Really appreciate it.

The uninstallers couldn`t find the program, however deleting the program from C:\Program Files x86\Screenshot Captor appears to have done the trick.

Cheers
Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version