ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Remix OS for PC Beta Launch

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
Remix OS for PC is a custom flavor of Android designed for a traditional desktop/laptop experience. It has the equivalent of the start menu, task bar, tray, and notification/action center. It also allows app windowing and running multiple apps simultaneously.

More details about Remix OS in general can be found here:

http://www.jide.com/en/remixos

Details and downloads for Remix OS for PC can be found here:

http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc

Remis OS was also briefly mentioned previously on DC here.

nite_monkey:
Note to self, never use the supplied usb installation creator tool that they provided ever again. It bricked my flash drive.

Deozaan:
Sorry it messed things up for you. :(

For the record, it worked fine for me.

That said, I think it did make a "hidden" partition that Windows couldn't erase/see/format, so I had use something like GPartEd on Linux to get the thumb drive back to normal once I decided to try out installing RemixOS to the main drive instead.

mrHappy:
Note to self, never use the supplied usb installation creator tool that they provided ever again. It bricked my flash drive.
-nite_monkey (April 11, 2016, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Give SD Card Formatter a try, that may work.

nite_monkey:
-nite_monkey (April 11, 2016, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Give SD Card Formatter a try, that may work.
-mrHappy (April 11, 2016, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
I actually tried that first. I then tried a multitude of different things, until I finally ran across the clean all command in diskpart, which took forever, but somehow actually worked.

I still wanted to give the OS a try though, so I burnt it to a dvd-rw disc, and when it booted up on my old laptop, it just sat at the logo screen, and never actually loaded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version