ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Zany Zinio

(1/1)

MilesAhead:
I am totally helpless with Apps on my Windows 8.0 Laptop.  All I am trying to do is read a magazine free from the library.  I downloaded the Zinio App and it is there, but every time I search the magazine I want and try to download it, it only wants to let me download yet another app that has an .apk extension.  Of course when I open it I get an Open With mess.

Anyone have a clue how to use this stuff?  Trying to read these magazines directly in a browser is totally useless.

Man I hate everything that happened after W7.  It is all designed to drive you nuts!

4wd:
... it only wants to let me download yet another app that has an .apk extension.-MilesAhead (February 23, 2016, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's an Android application, I have the Zinio reader installed on one of our tablets for the local library emagazines.

I also had it installed on the PC at some time in the past, (before you required a MS account just to download it), from memory it was better just to go to the library and borrow the magazine.

MilesAhead:
... it only wants to let me download yet another app that has an .apk extension.-MilesAhead (February 23, 2016, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's an Android application, I have the Zinio reader installed on one of our tablets for the local library emagazines.

I also had it installed on the PC at some time in the past, (before you required a MS account just to download it), from memory it was better just to go to the library and borrow the magazine.
-4wd (February 23, 2016, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info.  I'm not sure they have any hard copy periodicals anymore.  A lot of cutbacks in the Library system here.  I did see Scuba magazine.  I used to read diving mags when I was in high school.  But I only did snorkeling.  A real Scuba dive is tops on my bucket list now.  Especially since South Florida is one of the hot spots for diving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version