ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

hulu & tor

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
Get a cheap VPS in the USA and run a proxy/vpn on it
-4wd (February 15, 2016, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. It ain't do.
I've attempted Hulu with half dozen vpn providers from small timers to the high profile ones hitting numerous servers. Hulu detects them and blocks playing the content. Extreme irritating and I get the same damn response from them.
--- End quote ---
-eleman (February 15, 2016, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe so but I said VPS  ;)

If you just want access to stuff in the USA, it's cheaper than a VPN provider, (eg. $9/year).

eleman:
Get a cheap VPS in the USA and run a proxy/vpn on it
-4wd (February 15, 2016, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. It ain't do.
I've attempted Hulu with half dozen vpn providers from small timers to the high profile ones hitting numerous servers. Hulu detects them and blocks playing the content. Extreme irritating and I get the same damn response from them.
--- End quote ---
-eleman (February 15, 2016, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe so but I said VPS  ;)

If you just want access to stuff in the USA, it's cheaper than a VPN provider, (eg. $9/year).
-4wd (February 15, 2016, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uhh yeah, my bad. In my defense, it's 5 AM in this part of the world :)

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

A VPS for $9/year? How? Where?

4wd:
--- End quote ---

A VPS for $9/year? How? Where?
-Deozaan (February 15, 2016, 11:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Low End Box is the place to keep checking - here's a special from Feb. 13, still seems to be active:

BitAccel – $9/year Storage OpenVZ 128MB RAM / 30GB HD / Unmetered – in Dallas

That's geared towards storage but the rep does say you can run OpenVPN on it - for $9/year it's worth a go.

Although, since you're already in the USA you probably have some other nefarious purpose in mind  ;D

Deozaan:
Although, since you're already in the USA you probably have some other nefarious purpose in mind  ;D
-4wd (February 16, 2016, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. Not really. :) It's just that when I have looked into hosting for my websites, I've usually seen VPSes at maybe $4-6/mo at the cheapest. So $9/year seemed incredible.

Thanks for sharing the info!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version