ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Prediction: In the year 2010, all Digg Stories will be about Digg

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
Don't get me wrong, digg.com finds some good stuff.

But right now about 10% of all stories posted and promoted on digg.com seem to be about digg.com.

My bold prediction:
"By the year 2010, all stories making their way onto the digg frontpage will be about digg.com"

:huh:

jgpaiva:
You might actually be right. But, on the other hand, will digg still exit on 2010?

housetier:
I think it will happen much much earlier. Next AOL Time Warner et al. will enter the "market". Things will detoriate quickly from then: all these sites will write about themselves to increase advertising revenues. Users will run away and find different means of finding "important stuff" (maybe by joining dc.com or sites such as craigslist, freebay or whatever).

I give this system of intransparent ratings two years. It has been hyped too much. Two years, because there are lot of internet users that haven't seen the hysteria behind this kind of sites.

We have to find a better way to promote things that are important to us; a reliable, untainted way. I do not know of a good way...

app103:
I think it will happen much much earlier. Next AOL Time Warner et al. will enter the "market". -housetier (July 04, 2006, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

It has already happened...take a look at the new netscape.com.

nudone:
anyone got any feelings about the new netscape - looks interesting to me - i use digg.com to keep me amused at work so netscape looks intriguing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version