topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Revert Back to windows 7 or 8  (Read 3231 times)

missiongeek

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Revert Back to windows 7 or 8
« on: February 01, 2016, 09:49 AM »
Hi Guys I am new here.  This site inspires me to learn coding.  I have been in networking all my life.

I am wondering if there is a script out there that can restore back to windows 7 or 8 from windows 10.  I have a script that blocks from windows 10 installing that I can share if anyone wants.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can point me to the right direction.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Revert Back to windows 7 or 8
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:54 PM »
You can only revert to a previous Windows version after upgrading to Windows 10, within the first 30 days after the upgrade is completed. After that only a full re-install of the original OS is possible. That's excluding any possible legal issues, I didn't investigate that.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:12 PM »
That's excluding any possible legal issues, I didn't investigate that.

After 30 days your previous Windows 7/8.x license is (Win10 only) "burned" and will no longer activate the old OS.

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:12 PM »
You can make an image of your system disk which you can use at a later date to restore Windows 7 or 8 on the same computer.  You shouldn't need to reactivate the restored image unless you make a lot of major hardware changes at once.

For Windows 7 and 8 (but not 8.1), make a backup of the Windows activation tokens using Advanced Tokens Manager before you install Windows 10.  If you need to reinstall Windows 7/8, as opposed to restoring a system disk image, that will allow you restore the activation status to the computer from which the backup was made without having to go through Microsoft's servers.  It will NOT allow you to install Windows on different hardware.