ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

End of the line for VMware Workstation?

(1/2) > >>

xtabber:
Monday, VMware laid off their entire U.S. development staff for Desktop products, which includes Workstation, Player and Fusion.

The company did say that they were moving development for those products to China, which probably means they will keep the products alive as long as they can charge for them, but I don’t expect much more than that.

mwb1100:
Well, that's a shame.  It did become difficult to justify spending money on upgrades, but it's still a pretty amazing product.

40hz:
Well, if nothing else it'll go a ways towards moving up the timeframe for when the power users finally all start migrating over to Type-1 hypervisors, and get it done once and for all.  ;)

Not necessarily a bad thing if you think about it.  8)

Deozaan:
Well, if nothing else it'll go a ways towards moving up the timeframe for when the power users finally all start migrating over to Type-1 hypervisors, and get it done once and for all.  ;)
-40hz (January 27, 2016, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would love to run a hypervisor on my machine, but I need full GPU capabilities on Windows, which AFAIK isn't possible. :(

mwb1100:
The last time I used a Hypervisor or VirtualBox the host/guest integration wasn't very good.  That's fine if you're using them to have virtual more-or-less  headless servers.

But my typical use is for virtual workstations and  I use drag-n-drop and the shared clipboard extensively between the VMware host and guest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version