ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Brave: A new browser with built-in adblock and payment solutions

<< < (7/23) > >>

Deozaan:
Brave has been my browser of choice on Android for a couple of years now. But it has been a little over a year (again) since I last tried out Brave on PC and I have to say I like the direction it is heading.

It is now definitely based on Chromium (maybe it always was, but in the past I wasn't sure about that), so all the Chrome extensions work for it. Also it has Private Windows (incognito mode) with Tor built-in for extra privacy.

I also really like the idea of Brave Rewards/BAT. It is (or will be) almost like a built-in Patreon, where I'm rewarded funds (BAT) for viewing ads and then I designate which sites/creators those funds are sent to on either a one-time only or a recurring (monthly) basis.

I haven't ever really used Brave long-term on my PC. I may have to re-evaluate that decision. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
All of the chrome extensions work on it now?  When last I checked, I wasn't able to use some of them, which is why I dropped it.

Deozaan:
All of the chrome extensions work on it now?  When last I checked, I wasn't able to use some of them, which is why I dropped it.
-wraith808 (February 27, 2019, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried them all, but I assume that Chrome extensions work for Chromium-based browsers.

wraith808:
So I decided to dive in again, and have experienced a couple of oddities.  One of my sites doesn't work in brave where it works fine in chrome.  It's a web app, and when I click things, they just refresh the page instead of the control working.  And I can't get the behavior to have middle-clicks close tabs.  It works in Vivaldi and Chrome.  It does seem speedier, but not sure that I'm going to be able to use it if these small things add up.

Deozaan:
And I can't get the behavior to have middle-clicks close tabs.
-wraith808 (February 27, 2019, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't know that was a thing, but I just tried it and it works for me. :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version