ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Dice analyzer machine project

<< < (9/19) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Yes, I phrased that badly...but I'm at work/rushing a bit.. :D

The intent was - as you stated - for it to be the bottom of something (I like the bird cage look in the pic), and it's curvature would/should center the die for the camera (theory..).

mouser:
A screenshot showing results of a very quick test of unsupervised clustering.

In this case the system took 17 photos and was told that it was taking a picture of a 6 sided die. It then grouped the 17 photos into 6 clusters most similar to each other.
(There was no stage of training telling it what each side of the die looks like).

This gives you a sense of how the procedure would work for testing a die for fairness.  User would insert a die and specify how many unique faces the die has (N).  The system would then start rolling the die taking photos, eventually clustering the images into N clusters, and then computing statistics on the frequency and patterns of seeing cluster.

mouser:
What happens if you lie to it and tell it the wrong # of die faces?  Glad you asked.

Mistakenly telling it there are 5 unique die faces (2s and 3s look like they are similar enough):

Mistakenly telling it there are 7 unique die faces (hey those two 1s look like different faces):

Deozaan:
A screenshot showing results of a very quick test of unsupervised clustering.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-mouser (January 26, 2016, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm embarrassed to admit that I was staring at the white circles in each of these pictures thinking each circle was a separate die, and I was rather bewildered at how I couldn't tell any of them apart! :-[

Stoic Joker:
I'm embarrassed to admit that I was staring at the white circles in each of these pictures thinking each circle was a separate die, and I was rather bewildered at how I couldn't tell any of them apart! -Deozaan (January 27, 2016, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

(You are not alone..) That one threw me for a minute too. I had to scroll down a bit to recognize the pattern.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version