topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Why GOD has not updated the world ?  (Read 31948 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why GOD has not updated the world ?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 02:03 AM »
...First, what I'd like is a nice sandbox to run scenarios through with zero real consequences. That would rock~! ;D

I think you might be confusing what seems to happen in what we see as "the world around us" with a concept called "reality".
This is the sandbox.

I think you missed the part about "consequences". Now... Don't you wish you'd had a sandbox before you'd posted that? :P
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 05:34 AM »
...First, what I'd like is a nice sandbox to run scenarios through with zero real consequences. That would rock~! ;D

I think you might be confusing what seems to happen in what we see as "the world around us" with a concept called "reality".
This is the sandbox.

I think you missed the part about "consequences". Now... Don't you wish you'd had a sandbox before you'd posted that? :P

Come now, every sandbox has consequences! Just ask my cat.
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 07:36 AM »

This is the sandbox.

I gotta go with Iain on this ... We're Totally in an Abandonware Beta Fork. :D

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 09:54 AM »
We all should petition GOD for a better version. Even M$ listened the users and made Win10 from Win8 !

The first feature I want is 48 or more hours per day. You can not imagine the pressure of NANY near the end, due to this limitation  :(
Second it would be better if we can run more instances of ourselves  :)

There are more but I leave others to add.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 10:00 AM »
We all should petition GOD for a better version. Even M$ listened the users and made Win10 from Win8 !

The first feature I want is 48 or more hours per day. You can not imagine the pressure of NANY near the end, due to this limitation  :(
Second it would be better if we can run more instances of ourselves  :)

There are more but I leave others to add.

For each improvement, there are downsides.  I say, we know the rules, and it works!  Leave well enough alone!

Downsides to 72 hour days- we'll have 360 hour weeks.  They're bad enough at 40!  ;D

Running multiple instances... that one writes itself.  8)

relipse

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I love Jesus. Coding in PHP primarily.
    • View Profile
    • See my GitHub
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 10:05 AM »
He gonna get rid of this world soon and make another one!

Rev 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.
Ex C++Builder coder, current PHP coder, and noob Qt Coder

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 11:35 AM »
Um...so... has Curt resigned or something? I'm not sure how to interpret his new forum signature.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 12:07 PM »
Um...so... has Curt resigned or something? I'm not sure how to interpret his new forum signature.

It certainly seems like it, especially as he removed his avatar also.  I wonder if its because of this thread?  If so... sad.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 12:08 PM »
Even M$ listened the users and made Win10 from Win8 !

Didn't notice... but that's an argument against for some people.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 12:21 PM »

:(

I really hope this is not true.

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 03:21 PM »
God (unlike Mozilla) hates version updates. He's a "from the ground up" kinda guy.
Next "format /E": due in ~5 billion years.  :P
http://www.space.com...5-sun-die-earth.html
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:13 AM by nosh »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 03:54 PM »

:(

I really hope this is not true.

Hope not too. I like Curt. But I'm thinking he has left, and it is this topic that was the catalyst. That was his last post so I'm guessing his convictions got the better of his tolerance and he's gone. At least for now.

Sad. But I'm seeing more and more people who are feeling somehow threatened become abruptly indignant over some of the most innocuous things their friends are saying these days. I guess it's a reflection of these irrational and emotionally heightened times we live in - and - are being systematically conditioned to accept as "normal." That's something that's becoming an impediment to cooperation, civility and tolerance everywhere now that so many otherwise intelligent people are embracing unreason as the answer to all those problems that really have no easy answer. But so it goes.

Unfortunately, there's a fine line between belief and mania. I've had enough years of experience in various forms of spirituality and spiritual disciplines to be aware of that danger and to be on the alert for it, whether it's manifesting in myself or others. But that's me. I have a habit of worrying about things like that.

I guess I'm getting what I deserve for never being able to really get into watching sporting events, or wrapping my head around primetime TV... ;) ;D

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:59 PM by 40hz »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 04:07 PM »
Unfortunately, there's a fine line between belief and mania.

I think that belief has to be tempered with acceptance.  Everyone is not going to believe as you do.  And that's OK.  It's just navigating that in between space that becomes tricky.

Spoiler
morpheus.jpg

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 04:52 PM »
^ :D :Thmbsup:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Unfortunately, there's a fine line between belief and mania.

I think that belief has to be tempered with acceptance.  Everyone is not going to believe as you do.  And that's OK.  It's just navigating that in between space that becomes tricky.

Spoiler
[ Invalid Attachment ]

Agree 100%

Unfortunately, more and more people are lately deciding that's not ok. And they're not interested in navigating anything.

So much for the notion of "you go your way and I'll go mine," right?

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 09:44 PM »
You go your way and I'll mine yours.

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 10:55 PM »
-cranioscopical (January 20, 2016, 09:44 PM)

clearly you're out of your mine :o

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22 AM »

We have managed to trash the planet in less than 30 minutes.

Perhaps we are the bug that needs fixing. Still want that upgrade?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 04:45 AM »
...now that so many otherwise intelligent people are embracing unreason as the answer to all those problems that really have no easy answer. But so it goes.
Unfortunately, there's a fine line between belief and mania. ...
· n.
1 an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof. Ø a firmly held opinion or conviction. Ø a religious conviction.
2 (belief in) trust or confidence in.
– PHRASES beyond belief astonishing; incredible.
– ORIGIN ME: alt. of OE gelUafa; cf. believe.
Concise Oxford Dictionary (10th Ed.)
- then it is, by definition, irrational/unreason (where unreason is a state of absurdity).

Thus, the dividing line is arguably properly between the domains of reason and unreason, where unreason could perhaps be said to extend from curable irrationality (by use of reason) through to incurable mania, and there's no real dividing line between those two things, being merely degrees of irrationality and where the latter is merely an extreme state of irrationality.

|<---Reason--->|<---unreason--->|

Examples of this latter state can be seen where people might speak from a paradigm where they perceive, for example:
"Humanity has wrecked the planet  and is the problem that needs fixing."
or
"Humanity is a cancer on the earth."
A psychiatrist might probably suggest that these paradigms could arise from belief (which is irrational, QED) and possibly coupled with a legacy of poor self-image and a sense of hopelessness inflicted by an unhappy experience of childhood upbringing or teaching.
Regardless of however such an irrational paradigm might have been arrived at, the ego of the person involved would generally be incapable of digging itself out of what is effectively an imagined and illusory state of association, and so the illusion seems very real and is defended almost to the death. De Bono discusses this in his book "Teaching Thinking". It is intellectual deadlock and can be a causal factor in our inability to change and develop. We become literally "stuck", and perceive no possible room or need for our change/improvement. A profound example of this could be that of the Nazi war criminal Rudolf Höss:
...Consider how an otherwise apparently nice, normal family man in the military - Rudolf Höss - could also happily undertake the role as the Commandant of the Auschwitz death camp in Nazi Germany. Höss' autobiography, written whilst he was awaiting execution after the trial for war crimes, indicates that he was unable to see that he had been doing anything other than "just doing his job" to the best of his ability.[2]

Following on from the Höss example above, there is evidence that Höss was able to eventually consciously shatter the illusion and begin his own path to spiritual development when, four days before he was hanged, he sent a message to the state prosecutor, including these comments:

"My conscience compels me to make the following declaration. In the solitude of my prison cell I have come to the bitter recognition that I have sinned gravely against humanity. As Commandant of Auschwitz I was responsible for carrying out part of the cruel plans of the "Third Reich" for human destruction. In so doing I have inflicted terrible wounds on humanity. I caused unspeakable suffering for the Polish people in particular. I am to pay for this with my life. May the Lord God forgive one day what I have done."[3]

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:12 PM by IainB »

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 10:51 AM »
Huh, huh.. :huh:

I started it anticipating some funny suggestion from friends. Thought "Living Room" was best place for it. But looks like I may be wrong.

I am a believer. I believe, it is Almighty GOD who has given me so much name and fame today. Before joining DC I was just a coder whom nobody knew. I will remain grateful to DC forever.

But I do not want to lose a friend just because I wanted to smile and get away from my hectic coding schedule. Please move this thread to basement or so and bring back our friend.

Regards,

Anand

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 10:56 AM »
Long time member leaving based on this? There are plenty (obviously in my opinion) worse in the basement. Which made me stop reading basement but leaving a forum even if OP was serious...nah

EDIT: Even if the replies were serious too .... As far as god goes, just look up at the sky and try to imagine how billions of galaxies and stars exist. Just think how they could come to exist. It is not about belief or lack of belief really, it is about letting your mind go and how such mind blowing things exist.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 12:27 PM »

-cranioscopical (January 20, 2016, 09:44 PM)

With some people it might be more like "You go your way - and you can be sure I'll mind."  ;)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2016, 12:30 PM »
I suspect that you may have drawn that line in possibly the "wrong" place.

I'm sure I'd have to agree with you about that. But I was trying not to sound too combative since it's a tender subject for a lot of people I like and respect. Even if I totally disagree with them about some things they hold dear.  8)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2016, 12:42 PM »
Long time member leaving based on this? There are plenty (obviously in my opinion) worse in the basement. Which made me stop reading basement but leaving a forum even if OP was serious...nah

EDIT: Even if the replies were serious too .... As far as god goes, just look up at the sky and try to imagine how billions of galaxies and stars exist. Just think how they could come to exist. It is not about belief or lack of belief really, it is about letting your mind go and how such mind blowing things exist.

Y'know I have. But I wasn't able to reach any definite conclusions...

I've been told that "faith is a gift I you yet to receive."  Which is fine by me if it is, in fact, an actual gift that can be bestowed. I'm known for being patient.

About the best I experience is a sense of wonder and a certain reverence for what I see as larger patterns and truths. But I'm no more closer to "The Answer" than I've ever been despite a good deal of work trying to discover it on and off over the years.

So in my case, I posses nothing more than whatever 'wisdom' and 'humility' comes from knowing that I don't know. Truth is, I'm not even sure how to ask the question. Or what the question is.  But IIRC, that's something Socrates spent a a fair bit of quality time contemplating. And even he didn't come up with the definitive answer if Plato is anything to go by.

However, if anything resembling a deity does decide to provide me the answer, then I can promise that I will be happy to furnish him/her/it with full and detailed questions in return.

In the meantime, "42" will have to suffice. At least for the time being.  ;) 8)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:53 PM by 40hz »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 01:18 PM »
I suspect that you may have drawn that line in possibly the "wrong" place.

I'm sure I'd have to agree with you about that. But I was trying not to sound too combative since it's a tender subject for a lot of people I like and respect. Even if I totally disagree with them about some things they hold dear.  8)

And that's navigating that space.  Even if you're sure that you're right, being able to leave it alone, as others experiences might not echo yours.  After all, if you're sure you're right, then of what practical use is arguing with someone who's sure you're wrong?  Are we so insecure in our beliefs (or disbeliefs) that we have to stir up something that won't make a difference either way, and will just in the end create fractious arguments?  I couldn't say for all, but that, to me, seems a non-gracious approach, no matter on which side you fall.