ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Motivational sticky-notes

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gothi[c]:
 :-[ :redface: :-[

app103:
This can work too:

Motivational sticky-notes

It has an alarm that is set to go off once per hour. I find that a real sticky on the monitor either falls off and becomes a cat toy or I soon become blind to it and don't notice it any more.

and I was just thinking...

This could be a useful purpose for Dr Windows. Instead of a prank full of silly messages that distract, it can be a useful tool full of fun reminders to help keep your focus.

Gothi[c]:
Yeah, but it should keep track of the focused window (the work window).
Eg: when visual c++ is focused, the alarm counter doesn't count, but it starts counting down as soon as the window goes out of focus.
You'd have to be able to define the 'work' window. Otherwise the alarm would go off while working.

app103:
Yeah, but it should keep track of the focused window (the work window).
Eg: when visual c++ is focused, the alarm counter doesn't count, but it starts counting down as soon as the window goes out of focus.
You'd have to be able to define the 'work' window. Otherwise the alarm would go off while working.

-Gothi[c] (July 03, 2006, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

whoa...that sounds almost like a coding snack request  ;)

and a great idea too!

Gothi[c]:
I could make it myself but then I'd be spending more time on making me work than i'd be working. hahaha. I'd also need it cross platform. So it's not really a coding snack request. Maybe I can make it somewhen when i'm done with this, 5 years from now ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version