ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's the best registry cleaner? Ask Leo says: none

<< < (12/25) > >>

MilesAhead:
@cyberdiva I know some people who create slipstream install DVDs just so every 6 months or so they can format the HD and reinstall to get rid of the accumulated garbage.  Only thing is, I'm like you in that I'm always trying out a new utility, some of my own programs, or some install script or whatever.  I don't have a PC dedicated to doing one job.  Sometimes I envy those guys.  They don't have to keep snapshotting their system with image backup programs.  If it gets hosed they do the slipstream install and copy back a few data files they saved.  :(

Carol Haynes:
Simpler solution is to install a virtual OS (there are loads of host options these days some free) and only test stuff in the virtual OS keeping your main OS clean of all the crap that accumulates.

mouser:
Simpler solution is to install a virtual OS (there are loads of host options these days some free) and only test stuff in the virtual OS keeping your main OS clean of all the crap that accumulates.
--- End quote ---

amen.

edbro:
Or, run your os in a sandbox. I swear by Returnil. Muck it up as much as you want then simply reboot and you are fresh again.

KenR:
... or just backup (create an image of) your operating system and then restore it when things get to nutty. This is what I do. That way, I only need to focus on one OS. Running things in an artificial env. is protective, but doesn't give much info about how it will fit it with everything else. For these two reasons, I prefer the backup and restore method.

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version