ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Replace existing file with zero byte version with slight name change

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
Please test this AutoHotkey snippet on some copies of your files first.  Change the variables as needed.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---; DO NOT put this script in the same folder as the files to be renamed. ; Variables.bRecursive := FALSE           ; Change to TRUE if desired.sPath      := "c:\tmp\11\*.*" ; Change as necessary. ; Process files.Loop, % sPath, 0, % bRecursive ; Iterate over files.{    ; Crack filepath.    SplitPath, A_LoopFileFullPath, OutFileName, OutDir, OutExtension, OutNameNoExt, OutDrive        If InStr( OutFileName, " [PLACEHOLDER]" ) ; If " [PLACEHOLDER]" exists in filename.    {        ; Strip out " [PLACEHOLDER]" text from original filename.        StringReplace, OutNameStripped, OutNameNoExt, %A_Space%[PLACEHOLDER],                ; Create zero-byte file with new name & extension.        FileAppend, % "", % OutDir . "\" . OutNameStripped . ".placeholder"                ; If new file creation was successful, delete original placeholder file.        If ! ( ErrorLevel )        {            FileDelete, % A_LoopFileFullPath        }    }} MsgBox, Done.

magician62:
Hi Jody, as it's getting late in the evening, will test in the morning and report back, many thanks.

Also you may not have seen my bug comment on Files2Folders, , last page
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19770.msg393594

magician62:
So I went ahead and tried it, and although a little sleepy I got their in the end, was having issues with sPath syntax. I have now added multiple replacements as I realised I hade used more than one coding. Many thanks for your help.

4wd:
robocopy <source> <dest> /CREATE /E /np /nfl /ndl /njh /njs

eg. robocopy D:\harry K:\fred /CREATE /E /np /nfl /ndl /njh /njs

That will create an exact copy of a directory tree populated with zero byte files in a very short time, (usually a few seconds).

Then you can use a bulk renamer afterwards if you want another alternative.

skwire:
So I went ahead and tried it, and although a little sleepy I got their in the end, was having issues with sPath syntax. I have now added multiple replacements as I realised I hade used more than one coding. Many thanks for your help.-magician62 (December 26, 2015, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear.  Thank you for the donation as well.  Much appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version