ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

pass time during flights

<< < (3/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
thanks!

as for the youtube-to-mp3 button, unfortunately it's not a single click operation! it opens a website and you need to go to that and download it manually!
as for the slimjet, it seems very promising, but could I disable the automatic merging of audio and video? I only need the audio! (or ideally only save the audio!)
-kalos (December 25, 2015, 09:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could collect the mp3s before the flight and listen to them during.  It seemed from your post the major concern was not having to listen to the whole track to get the track from the cache.  Also it was not obvious you were using a phone.  Guess my ESP is not up to par.  There must be a few dozen tube downloaders out there Maybe you could pass the time by trying them out?  :)

kalos:
as for the slimjet, it seems very promising, but could I disable the automatic merging of audio and video? I only need the audio! (or ideally only save the audio!)-kalos (December 25, 2015, 09:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.slimjet.com/en/webhelp/youtube-video-downloader.htm
If you only want to quickly download the audio track without wasting time downloading the video data, you also have to wait until the video has started playing for at least 5 seconds. After that, click the "Download Audio" button to start downloading the audio track in mp3 format.
--- End quote ---

Otherwise just cancel the MP4 component of the download in the downloader.
-4wd (December 26, 2015, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, I think I will just delete the mp4 as may not have the time for the video to start for 5 seconds
excellent solution though, I did very good job, gathering many songs and albums within few minutes
now any good mp3 player for android please, that will have fast forward while listening to the sound? or maybe automatic detection of songs for single files of whole albums?

TaoPhoenix:
now any good mp3 player for android please, that will have fast forward while listening to the sound? or maybe automatic detection of songs for single files of whole albums?
-kalos (December 26, 2015, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd think any good mp3 player has a "skip track" so don't bother "fast forwarding" the actual song, just skip.

In that cheap little player (multi clones of it) I had pre-selected songs I knew were my type, and so even though I had forgotten they were there, I could just hit "next next next play-that next next next next play-that" (my wording for buttons) and off they go.

kalos:
I'd think any good mp3 player has a "skip track" so don't bother "fast forwarding" the actual song, just skip.
-TaoPhoenix (December 26, 2015, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

you mean they will skip a song, if the whole mp3 file contains many songs, ie. a whole album?

MilesAhead:
-TaoPhoenix (December 26, 2015, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

you mean they will skip a song, if the whole mp3 file contains many songs, ie. a whole album?
-kalos (December 26, 2015, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you mentioned this.  I can use it myself to slpit albums:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3splt/

Supposedly it will auto fetch track times from the internet for splitting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version