ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

pass time during flights

(1/4) > >>

kalos:
hello!

my flight is 3.5h and I need something to help the time pass

what could you suggest me?

I was thinking of music. But how can I browse youtube and with one click save the sound of these songs (without having to sit and listen to all the clip) and create a folder with these songs to put in my Samsung Note 2 to listen? I need, in other words, a fast and convenient way to create a folder with songs from free repositories. Any idea?

also will the phone last these 3.5h?

thanks!

TaoPhoenix:
hello!

my flight is 3.5h and I need something to help the time pass

what could you suggest me?

I was thinking of music. But how can I browse youtube and with one click save the sound of these songs (without having to sit and listen to all the clip) and create a folder with these songs to put in my Samsung Note 2 to listen? I need, in other words, a fast and convenient way to create a folder with songs from free repositories. Any idea?

also will the phone last these 3.5h?

thanks!
-kalos (December 24, 2015, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I picked up a while ago a bunch of 4th rate imitation iPod mp3 players for stuff like this. You won't care if it gets lost / dropped (taken by security?! 0.o), so your main player(s) are safe, plus some equally cheap headphones.

Then I suggest you experiment with indie artists who offer free downloads, and skip Youtube for this trip. For ex the ones I have hold about a Gigabyte of music, anywhere from 40-70 songs, and then you just take a spare battery (triple a) and you have music for 7 hours.

Plus I think Indie Musicians *REALLY* need help and I think we could have an awesome "recommend *permissive / creative commons / cool / indie / other" music thread here!

(note to self - get a grip and get back on emusic whose tunes are sometimes permissive.)

(If this idea takes off, after he gets back, a mod can then just split off the remaining posts say in February.)

4wd:
But how can I browse youtube and with one click save the sound of these songs ...-kalos (December 24, 2015, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Download SlimJet,
Install,
Browse Youtube,
Push the button.

pass time during flights

It'll download both the MP4 video and MP3 audio generally.

app103:
Then I suggest you experiment with indie artists who offer free downloads, and skip Youtube for this trip.
-TaoPhoenix (December 25, 2015, 02:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Jamendo!

You might also want to consider some grown up coloring books and a set of colored pencils. You can get them at some of the larger brick & mortar book stores like Barnes & Noble, or if you have time to order them online, you can get a bunch of nice ones, reasonably priced, here.

MilesAhead:
I find this works fairly well for Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-to-mp3-button/

It puts a button under the current video.  Press the button to convert to mp3 and download.  Sometimes it will balk and make you paste the url in.  But most of the time it is as simple as it gets.

I download jazz so I am not sure if that matters.  The resulting mp3 files seem to all be 192 kbit.  If it sounds good in the video clip the mp3 sounds fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version